Tiawan Whizzer exhaust question

GoldenMotor.com

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
Anyone know off the top of your head what the diameter of the pipes are that are still sold for the inport Whizzers?

The new edition Whizzers use 3 different pipes. The WC-1 and early NE motors. A slightly larger version used on the NE motors, and shorter version on the later NE and SE motors Ambassador, NE-r].

The best for street use is the slightly larger pipes used on the NE motors. The short pipes don't have enough back pressure and must have the insert to run smoothly.

My highest tuned motor has the NE pipe with the echo chamber cut off [about 1/2" ahead of the chamber and cut at a 45 degree angle].

Have fun,

Need the baffle in the shorter late version pipe, as it runs poorly without additiona back pressure. Baffel out on long pipe usually adds a little to the top end, and other than being "LOUD" it does help somewhat.

Anything is better than the original WC-1 baffle.

Have fun,
Quenton

OG-Whizzerdude

Nov 28, 2011
Blythe, CA
I don't recall seeing a baffle in the WC1/NE5 bike.The hod rod you built has a baffle. I would bet it's your flow through. I've never had it out.
I need to go measure some pipes. They are different sizes.
What would I do without your expertise. Not that the other guys are any slouches. I've just had the privelage of riding what you know a lot about
Thanks, Jim