Melted/burned shoe laces from exhaust/muffler

GoldenMotor.com

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
i made a heat shield on one of my bikes, but the main problem is lack of room. it's a tight route for an exhaust when it's coming out the back, and a heat shield can actually make it worse, just because your leg will always be resting on it. it may not burn, but it'll be warm.

it's not exactly a design flaw, it's just what happens when you start modifying stuff.

you're right about the rack mount. matter of opinion. i see a rack as a more utilitarian option to pedaling. gets you where you're going in the simplest way possible. where as an inframe motor lends itself to customizing, modifying, and is more closely related to motorcycles.
Don't know about the frame mount, don't have one. Me, I never pedal, not even when starting off up hill, with the added drag of the CVT, it still will cruise at forty but I don't care to run that fast for extend periods. At 30, she's turning about 7k with an 11k top end. In short, the bike will go faster than I will.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Speed claims are sort of like opinions, and those other things; everyone has them, but the difference is they need to be backed up with fact. And I'm not talking about a picture of your speedometer with the 'max speed' display. Anyone can miss-program a digital speedo to give whatever speed they want. If you really want to impress people try putting two magnets on your spokes. That will double your indicated speed. Instead of 20, it'll show 40mph. Cool huh?
And rack mounts remind me of riding a camel. Something I'd NEVER do.

Tom

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Speed claims are sort of like opinions, and those other things; everyone has them, but the difference is they need to be backed up with fact. And I'm not talking about a picture of your speedometer with the 'max speed' display. Anyone can miss-program a digital speedo to give whatever speed they want. If you really want to impress people try putting two magnets on your spokes. That will double your indicated speed. Instead of 20, it'll show 40mph. Cool huh?
And rack mounts remind me of riding a camel. Something I'd NEVER do.

Tom
Sounds like you're saying I'm telling a lie and trashing my build. My speedometer is a Whizzer analog and it has been confirmed accurate by GPS. Is this what this site stands for, if so I've been misled.