Removing the Clutch Gear

GoldenMotor.com

B.C Rider

Dec 17, 2009
North Vancouver B.C Canada
Well after only 17 miles my chain locked up and toasted the woodruff key.
I tried the removel tool only to strip the threads on it.
The dam gear is ON THERE!
Is there somthing eles I could use to get this gear off?

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
you might need to get another puller lube the puller threads with anti seize before use. make darn sure all threads are clean and when using the tool screw it on all the way to use, make sure the threads(on the puller) are seated in the part to be pulled. The puller is cheap and some very sorrily made.
You can remove the whole through shaft with the clutch still on the shaft but you will need a puller to remove the chain sprocket on the other side of the shaft. Using a brass drift punch drive the through shaft clean out of the crankcase. Be easy and make sure you support the engine case as you can crack the engine case doing this.
Once the shaft is out you should be able to drive the clutch off the same way.
Its a lot to tedious hammering very possible you might damage something as well. So don't say I didn't warn you. Good luck on the repairs.
All of the china engines I've played with are all right hand threads no left hand threads anywhere.
Norman

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
B. C. Rider,
when I dis-assembled my china girl, I fount the stock puller will work with the small pinion, the sprocket(puller turned around(inside) and I believe clutch. I forget, could be wrong on the last, like Norm said, clean threads and a bit of lube, ensure proper engagement. I have a few more radical ways to remove that gear, but more parts would have to possibly replaced. BTW, much of my application knowledge is from NORM's guidance!

Mac