ChopperDave's Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com

ChopperDave

Jul 10, 2010
Washington State
Hi Guys,

With the Cadillac bike complete and the Roadmaster Rat almost done I've been looking for a Whizzer donor for one of Sportscar Pat's new Sportsman Flyer builds.

I bought this on ebay:

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Hey, that looks like the one I bid on from Brian of Fullerton Harley. I low balled him, so it didn't drive the price up. I was going to put the pipe straight out the back and install some beach bars to ride for a little while before I totally redesigned it. Good buy!

ChopperDave

Jul 10, 2010
Washington State
Update:

Shipment arrived. Pleasantly surprised. Woodstock Whizzer Works Stage III engine, Worksman Wheels, and chrome Allen fasteners everywhere:

What it will become:

.rd.

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Hey Chopper Dave,

You made a fine choice for the basis of your next build. I was checking out this very bike the other day, it really looks cool. The Morini versions look pretty cool, but something about that big four stroke motor that really captures the feel of a true boardie.

I have the Morini version of this bike up and running, got about 20 miles on it so far. The added wheelbase from the four inch stretch makes for a very comfortable ride. I am running the old style schwinn fork, like whats on your Whizzer and they work great.

Looks like you have a nice winter project to keep you busy!

Rich

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
...oh, and make sure you upgrade to the big drum hub out back, it works exceptionally well, way better than a little coaster brake unit.

rich

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
i hear you, Dave, on the cost and too many upgrades will nickle and dime you to death if you don't watch it.

The forks you have work great and you already have the worksman wheels, plus you have a nice hot-rod whizzer motor, and you're building into one of Pat's racer frames. From where most of us are sitting, you will already have one of the best MB builds out there right from the start.

You should be able upgrade the hub later.

Of course you do know, that as Pat's brother, I will see and sit on your bike before you will. And since I have the same Whizzer build planned as my winter project, I'll keep an eye on Pat to make sure he gets all the details right.

Rich

Last edited:

ChopperDave

Jul 10, 2010
Washington State
Ok I found this thread again, so here's an update

Parts back from the Powdercoaters

My tank is at the Painters getting Silverleaf lettering

Last edited: