Puch Moped Head on HT 67cc bicycle engine- thanks Foureasy!

GoldenMotor.com

foureasy

Jul 9, 2009
tucson
Re: Puch Moped Head on HT 67cc motor- thanks Foureasy!

I just moved the combustion chamber to the intake side of this gila head.

Also, threadjack!!!

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro

i wrote that?? wow ya thats just wrong! my bad sorry!!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

So long as the hole pattern is identical to your factory HT head, make the holes bigger in the puch head with a drill bit. It is best done using a drill press to ensure that the holes are held perfectly straight, but a steady hand and a careful eye can do it with a hand held drill as well.

Arnie

Dec 25, 2010
Wrightstown,New Jersey

did the head make it any faster? I tired the 70cc puch head and I could not get a socket in the head to tighten the bolts.

adb140275

Aug 8, 2010
Harrison City, PA

yeah u gotta use nuts that use the 13mm socket or it wont work. thats standard for M8 nuts.

yeah it gained more rpm, lost torque because it lowered compression. smoothed it out a lot

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Prolly need a nice thin walled socket from Napa , Sears or just from a good Auto Parts store.. The cheap sockets will have thicker walls to them because the steel on them is not quite as good.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

OK did not know it is that narrow. Makes since now.

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona

Did Youn put the 50cc hi hi head on a 48cc or a 66cc? Or is is possible to mount the 50cc hi hi head on a 66cc or do I need the 70cc hi hi head cause I messed up and bought the 50cc head when I have a 66cc motor.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID

If I remember right I *think* you have a 13:1 compression ratio... 70cc head on a 66cc is supposed to be 11.5:1. If you do have a 50cc head on a 66cc you will need an NGK B9HS or equivalent to prevent ping.

One thing I did to help starting it up is to back the bike up against the compression. You can feel when it doesn't want to turn over from compression. Get up to speed and drop the clutch, the motor gets a running start at turning over. If the piston is where it wants to compress a lot of times it just won't turn over. Especially if you have a good ring seal, too

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona

thanks guys. I got it on but can't even turn it to start it with the shift kit. plus i checked the piston clearance and the piston is goinna hit it. I dnt wanna ruin the shift kit so i probably gonna sell it and get the 70cc. I may try doubling up the gaskets but I really got the head for the added cooling more then the compression.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

On some of these Motors the port timing is a little low set on the jug itself. You may find benefit in shimming the jug up with a thicker gasket just a tad as well.