rain...rain...err...go away???

GoldenMotor.com

MatCauthon137

May 12, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Ok, so we finally got the bikes ready for a longer trip than just around the block. We decided to take them out for lunch to McDonalds. While there is one right down the street from us (about half a mile), but that isn't really a fair test. There is another one about 5 miles down the road. So we grabbed the kids, threw them in the trailer on the back of cowgirlupgrl's bike, put the tools in our basket (the ones we would need to fix any problems we may have, and took off. About halfway there, her chain popped off, but that was easily fixed, and tightened so it didn't happen again. We arrived, parked outside, locked the bikes together, went inside and ate. About the middle of the meal it started raining, and i mean coming down HARD. Being on bicycles, we decided to wait it out, let the kids go play in play land. But the storm didn't end, so about 2 hours later, we packed up to go (these trailers are supposed to be waterproof, right?) We went out, cowgirlupgrl put the kids in the trailer while i took her bike around the parking lot to (fire it up). By the time we took off, we both looked like drown rats. But we went. And as time went on, the rain didn't bother me anymore. I even started singing "born to be wild" (corny i know, but this was fun). We got home and parked the bikes, both of us soaking wet and laughing. Who says you can't ride a bicycle in the rain?

On a side note, the kids didn't get too wet (so much for waterproof), just the bottom of my son's pants and the bottom of my daughters dress. They made out great, and smiled the whole way.

Any comments, cowgirl?

.crt.

cowgirlupgrl

Jul 17, 2010
in the 505
Ok, so we finally got the bikes ready for a longer trip than just around the block. We decided to take them out for lunch to McDonalds. While there is one right down the street from us (about half a mile), but that isn't really a fair test. There is another one about 5 miles down the road. So we grabbed the kids, threw them in the trailer on the back of cowgirlupgrl's bike, put the tools in our basket (the ones we would need to fix any problems we may have, and took off. About halfway there, her chain popped off, but that was easily fixed, and tightened so it didn't happen again. We arrived, parked outside, locked the bikes together, went inside and ate. About the middle of the meal it started raining, and i mean coming down HARD. Being on bicycles, we decided to wait it out, let the kids go play in play land. But the storm didn't end, so about 2 hours later, we packed up to go (these trailers are supposed to be waterproof, right?) We went out, cowgirlupgrl put the kids in the trailer while i took her bike around the parking lot to (fire it up). By the time we took off, we both looked like drown rats. But we went. And as time went on, the rain didn't bother me anymore. I even started singing "born to be wild" (corny i know, but this was fun). We got home and parked the bikes, both of us soaking wet and laughing. Who says you can't ride a bicycle in the rain?

On a side note, the kids didn't get too wet (so much for waterproof), just the bottom of my son's pants and the bottom of my daughters dress. They made out great, and smiled the whole way.

Any comments, cowgirl?

.crt.
Yeah it was a little cold too but the kids were warm and dry.crt.