I need a "cool" helmet

GoldenMotor.com

AH64Apache

Jul 22, 2009
Mercer, WI
Hey Folks,
Can you point me to a website that sells "cool" helmets. Maybe like a 1/2 shell? I really don't want to buy your normal everyday bicycle helmet. I'd like something with skulls, flames etc. I checked out the ads on both sides but really didn't find anything. Those 2 stroke engines really scare the deer up here!
Thanks!
Joe

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
I purchased a 1/2 helmet at a local motorcycle shop which also had other light weight types available in gloss or flat black, or chrome finish. Here they were $30.00 to $35.00 range. Although sticker and design less, you could add your own. $35.00 bought me a German, or is it star wars ish type as my second one.

AH64Apache

Jul 22, 2009
Mercer, WI
I found one I like,, I just have to figure out the sizing part. Bell Faction Multi Sport Helmet. They come in flat black also with skulls or bats. Amazon has em, as well as other outdoor retailers. So I think I'm good!! Its just the sizing I'm worried about. I remember when I bought my motorcycle helmet, I had a hard time finding one that fits. I don't have the motorcycle or helmet anymore BTW.
Thanks!
Joe

I found a sizing chart here,, in case you're interested:
Bell Faction Tony Hawk Multi-Sport Helmet - Dick's Sporting Goods

Last edited:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I bought mine through flea-bay...the vendor has a chart telling how/where to measure your head and the corresponding size

copied from their ad (I saved it, just in case :))
"Proper Helmet Fit
Measuring your head is a starting point for the entire sizing procedure. Due to varying shapes, heads that are apparently the same size when measured by a tape may not necessarily fit the same size helmet.

A cloth tape measure may be used to make your initial measurements. The Circumference of your head should be measured at a point approximately one inch above the eyebrows in front and at a point in the back of the head that results in the largest possible measurement. Take several measurements to make sure you have the largest one.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A ROUGH GUIDE AND NOT EXACT. THE SHAPE OF YOUR HEAD IS AS IMPORTANT AS THE MEASUREMENT WHICH MAY AFFECT THE FINAL FIT! THE FOLLOWING SIZES ARE AN APPROXIMATION AND ARE BASED ON AVERAGE HEAD SIZES. IN SOME CASES VARIATION MAY OCCUR."

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just a side note, but with a real helmet, not "bike" They really help! Folks in cars seem to get that you are going faster then on a bicycle. The other day, My car was in the shop and I took the bike to work but forgot my helmet. 2ce cars cut me off or pulled out in front of me thinking I was on a bicycle, not a MB.

Really, they make a big difference. Car drivers catch that your going faster and you feel better feeling that lil bit safer.

Attachments

AH64Apache

Jul 22, 2009
Mercer, WI
Dan,
Thanks for the advice & concern. It is appreciated. Believe me,, I know what you mean. I rode a motorcycle in Chicago for about 10 years and know all about those crazy people out there and the ones who pay no attention at all to motorcycles, scooters and bicycles. I finally got fed up after a few near misses in about 1 week, and regetfully sold my motorcycle. I said I'd by a new one when I moved up here in the middle of nowhere,, but can't afford one at the moment. And the motor for the bike was a very cheap solution :) But I do also have to watch out for deer,, these motors scare the crap out of them ;)

AH64Apache

Jul 22, 2009
Mercer, WI
Those look nice!! Thanks,, I'll keep those in mind. I am gonna order that helmet, and gloves on Friday. I know what ya mean about cash. I'm currently going through a divorce,, which is going as well as can be expected so far,, knock on wood,, but lawyers are expensive!!!!
Yes, internet window shopping can be fun :)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Sorry to read Apache. Must be a truly ruff time. If you ever need to yell, vent, ramble or scream. Know you got friends here Buddy.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I got my plain jane helmet at Good Will for a few bucks... charcoal gray and ordered a pair of Indian Motorcycle gas tank decals to go on each side. Looks good, but the decals cost more than the helmet.
Dan, I like those goggles. Are they part of the helmet? Where'd you find those? They have that early motorcycle look. I am beginning to feel a stirring need for goggles... must have goggles... Help...
Silverbear

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Those goggles came with the helmet. Really cool thing about them is are not rigid and easily conform to the shape of your head with nice padding. Most comfortable goggles I have ever tried. Also has a winter neck thing that zips on and off. The materials are kinda cheap but really well designed. They do sell them separately but with the helmet are 18 bucks and shipping is $30. There are a couple on ebay that have em.

Yeppers Kev, Same as the Vespa (I think. Look the same anyway) Can't remember who I bought mine from but don't think it was from them.

Vespa Scooter Motorcycle Vintage Goggle 4 Helmet on eBay (end time 20-Sep-09 13:09:11 BST)

Here is one link; New White Leather Half Motorcycle Helmet L Goggles COOL:eBay Motors (item 110425639724 end time Sep-17-09 09:04:29 PDT)

AH64Apache

Jul 22, 2009
Mercer, WI
Sorry to read Apache. Must be a truly ruff time. If you ever need to yell, vent, ramble or scream. Know you got friends here Buddy.
Thanks Dan!!! Greatly appreciated :)
BTW I ordered the Reaper Helmet today ;)

The strainer I have in the kitchen was just too big!