i will ride coast to coast

GoldenMotor.com

billycraven77

Sep 5, 2009
ky
hi every one i am billy. I am new to the site i built my bike a couple month ago i love it lol. I am realy interested in the cost to cost ride i want to get together a bunch of people and do it. I am 21 and ready to ride now so if any one is interested let me know

.trk

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Re: i will ride cost to cost

Jim,it was a Spitfire. The big Triumphs were just expensive enough to be out of my range. I got married and that was the end of sports cars.
I paid $2,200 and my 1959 3.4 Jaguar or $100 a month.

How many people told you there was something wrong with your rear axle? They didn't know about independent rear suspention.

They were great cars.

Steve.

Last edited:

Brvnkaerv

Aug 11, 2009
Tampa Fla.

I drove from Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan to Ventura, California in 1981 and hit 66 on the way. I had an Opel Manta. Loved it. Drove back a year and a half later, with a 72 Fiat spyder. and a wife. Long bike trips sound real good. We need lots of money. Brvnkaerv

NickDK

Aug 24, 2008

hi every one i am billy. I am new to the site i built my bike a couple month ago i love it lol. I am realy interested in the cost to cost ride i want to get together a bunch of people and do it. I am 21 and ready to ride now so if any one is interested let me know

.trk
You plan the route and I might just be in. No joke! I'm 23 and I could afford to spend 2 months on the road.

Rodcaym

Feb 11, 2009
Albuquerque

I think it would be fun. Just to much money, and the preperation would take like 3 months. You need to know all the laws of the states you will go through. But go for it.

Traveller

Nov 14, 2009
Southern CA

.trk
If you make it to the golden state, I would ride part of the way back east with you.
It would be nice to ride route 66 by bike during the summer.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2009
Texas

What part of Ky? I knew some Cravens in Jamestown Tn. I went to Alvin C. York Agricultural Institute. My grandmother still lives up there along with my niece and nephew.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
What we need here is a BIG coast-to-coast ride, to be a yearly event "COASTERBIKE '10" or something, and with video and support and the whole bit. A rolling caravan!

Me- I'd like to stay in motels whenever possible, but wouldn't it be great to have some support vehicle with spare parts/ motors? maybe a big tent, or just to carry gear.

Almost done with the Schwinn Traveller here- not installing the poo-poo pipe for now (needs mods) so now it's lighter than ever .. Back Sproket is MINIMAL. Narrow chain and sprocket.Jeez, this thing is light!

cables to hook up and attach fuel line- then it's hit the road! Rain in forecast! Oh well, be patient1

Attachments

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
what if the coast to coast rally would mean like passing a torch? meaning ride across your state, maybe the next town over to meet another rider who will travel the next leg of the trip! maybe this could be a idea that needs a little polishing!