Best bike lock...EVER!!! lol

GoldenMotor.com

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
I want a lock that sprays tear gas, pepper spray, and tazers.
One that stains hands blue.

And is difficult to pick.

Other things;
-Don't leave your bike locked up long periods of time in the same regular spot. A thief can scope out a bike for a long time and learn your habits.
-lock it where lots of people are. Thieves don't know if one of those people are you or not.
-Don't use dollar store bike locks. Just don't, can't be secure for one dollar, spend the money, better than losing your bike.
-linear drum combo locks are easy to pick, rotary locker room style is better.
-Use 2 locks, twice as likely to discourage a bike thief.
-Most locks are pickable, some just take longer to pick. Time is against the bike thief.
-

Last edited:
Reactions: Denis Zen

MoonLitCreeper

Aug 7, 2020
Best options i know for security:
Towing chain and a military grade lock.. Heavy, yes.. But youd need a welder to break a link leaving only the lock to fault. Some pad lock companies will gaurentee their product to the point of replacing the bike if its stolen. Kryptonite professional locks are great too (not the cheapy ones from walmart) ive never seen anyone break the thicker ones and even the smaller ones are hard to break. I use a kryptonite chain and a military grade master lock for mine, and i keep it in my house since its light enough to carry down to my basement.

saumax22

Jun 19, 2021
we should use a chain for locking purpose ,Always use the parking slot for park the bike,lock the bike in proper way.

Denis Zen

Mar 30, 2021
Riding up highway 101 at sunset
Lmao... Let me tell you as a card carrying locksmith, I can easily bypass ANY lock you can put on a bicycle in the same amount of time it would take to pull the key out of your pocket and unlock it.

The only way to keep someone from riding your bike away is to remove one of the rims but still that does not keep someone from stealing it.

Locks are made to keep honest people honest.

That pole bike lock is pretty unique. But whats it weigh and what happens if your remote battery dies? Youre stuck like chuck. Thanks for sharing

Jack Ducan

Jul 12, 2021
Locking your bike in a bike rack is easy, but it is still possible to lock a bike without a bike rack: You can detach the front wheel and tie it along with the rear wheel, put the two wheels together to deter thieves from stealing them. Another option is taking the chain off the rear gears or have the choice to remove the quick-release off the front wheel. A good way to make your bike more unrideable is by taking the front off of the frame,... These can essentially reduce the risk of your bike being stolen.

Jack Ducan

Jul 12, 2021
Locking your bike in a bike rack is easy, but it is still possible to lock a bike without a bike rack: You can detach the front wheel and tie it along with the rear wheel, put the two wheels together to deter thieves from stealing them. Another option is taking the chain off the rear gears or have the choice to remove the quick-release off the front wheel. A good way to make your bike more unrideable is by taking the front off of the frame,... These can essentially reduce the risk of your bike being stolen.