2Door's Titan Trike

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Gone but not forgotten. :(
Sold the trike today to another Colorado member, Drewd (Andy) from Colorado Springs.
I had run out of garage space and the trike was parked outdoors under a tarp for the winter. Unfortunately it was in my wife's flower garden and when they started coming up she said, "It has to go somewhere else."
Enjoy, Andy. It was always a fun ride for me.
Ride careful.
Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awww! Sorry for your loss Tom. But is always good when they go to folks who will love em.

You need to add on to your house! Barn raising party at Tom's!

Kinda cool how I invited 1,400 folks to your house and am expecting you to buy the beer? Thank me later

streetstrip80

Oct 12, 2008
Littleton, CO
I was tempted to up the offer when it sold for $300, but I have 4 running MBs, and 3 more that where running before I took the motors off to build more. It is almost planting season here, and I need the garden space as well.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I was tempted to up the offer when it sold for $300, but I have 4 running MBs, and 3 more that where running before I took the motors off to build more. It is almost planting season here, and I need the garden space as well.
Ken,
PM Andy. He might be willing to make you an offer. :)
Good riding with you last Saturday. They're talking about doing it again at the end of May.
Tom

PatrickW

Mar 20, 2010
SW Florida Gulf Coast
Gone but not forgotten. :(
Sold the trike today to another Colorado member, Drewd (Andy) from Colorado Springs.
I had run out of garage space and the trike was parked outdoors under a tarp for the winter. Unfortunately it was in my wife's flower garden and when they started coming up she said, "It has to go somewhere else."
Enjoy, Andy. It was always a fun ride for me.
Ride careful.
Tom
Tom...I'm sorry to hear that you had to let the "FLT" [Funny Little Trike] move on. Time changes, but the stars and the planets keep on spinning in their orbits. One day, both you and I will move on, but the stars and the planets will keep on spinning in their orbits. I hope that this Andy fella appreciates what he has...not just a "FLT", but a labor that turned near junk, into a near work of art...a work of art that if he doesn't be carefull can render him dead in a heartbeat. I hope he doesn't try to ride any faster than his guardian angel can fly.

Anyway, I am now a "Staff Member" on that 'other site' and am enjoying myself to no end. The Meteor is still running like, well, a 'Meteor.' I keep making changes all the time. On the platter, are a Springer Fork, and fantastic bobber seat. The beastie has no suspension now, and after a 20 mile ride, it is like 'cross-country-on-a-lumber-wagon'!!

I do still plan to stop by here now and then (if you will have me) and please come visit 'over there.' Everyone has been so courteus and nice to me here, I really appreciate it. I'm sure you will find the same hospitality on the 'other site.' Thank you all, good luck, and God Bless...Patrick.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Yep, its mine. Thinking of gutting the Titan and putting a P120 in it. That should help a little on the hills.

JetCat USA Turbines

Just kidding.... I do appreciate the work put into the FLT and I envision keeping it for a very long time.

PatrickW

Mar 20, 2010
SW Florida Gulf Coast
DREWD!!! I know where to find you, and I have a Louisville Slugger!! So, don;t even think about it!!! hehehehe! Just kidding, of course. But that is a little trike that deserves very carefull , and cautious care. Please...do take the proper care of it.

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
I have seen those advertised somewhere on the web. Open on one side for easy access for older people and handicapped . I will try to see if I can find it again. The one I saw had a larger front wheel I believe. Are you going to drive just one wheel or try a diff setup? I still have to motorize my trike. I will be watching.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I thought useing the P120 mentioned above that the wheels just needed good brakes and the jet thrust needed to be centered on the rear frame(maybe two or three accross the back ,they are only about 5-6 inches accross(there are more powerful ones on the site also).
Wonder what kind of a ticket you could get for jet turbine power,lol?i

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
I'm still loving the trike. it was 34 degrees out and I took it on a 15 mile ride with a 1/2 time break warming up with soup and hot coffee at my brother's house. It was snowing pretty heavy on my return ride but I was having too much fun to be cold.

It runs so much better with the 48 tooth sprocket and climbs almost but the steepest hills without pedalling. Top speed is still faster than one should consider going safely on this ride. I'm hoping to find a 50 tooths sprocket which I think will be the perfect combination of hill climbing and straight line speed.

If I can win the lotto, I may consider finding a way to convert it into a 2 or 3 speed and upgrade to a super titan which would make it the ultimate ride.

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
Re: 2Door's Titon Trike

Hey Bikeguy...
Just jumped back on the forums from winter..
See you said you have a Trailmate Easy ride. Is it a Tandem? If so wanna sell it?
That was what I made my tandem from. Love it and sturdy.

Robert Gifford
Alajoyn
Portage, MI