still getting no gas in bowl

GoldenMotor.com

Chopperdude4

Dec 26, 2009
NC
gas still will not come into the sediment bowl of our 1999 Whizzer. we've done everything we could think of. we have blown out everything and air comes through fine and have cleaned it in carburetor cleaner. the float seems to be working fine too. anybody have any suggestions?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Needle valve stuck closed? Tank not venting? A gravity feed fuel system can only have so many things that will prevent fuel flow. If you've proved the petcock is open, fuel in tank and it is vented then check the needle valve that the float operates. There isn't much left.
Tom

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I had this issue with my stock carb. The rubber needle tip on mine was "seated" higher than it should have been. You could see a gap between the needle valve body and the tips shoulder. I could not get it to go back into the valve body. It required setting the float lower than the normal setting. You will have to play with it. If you cant hear the float rattle when you shake the assembled carb lower it a bit more. I finally found the sweet spot and it worked ok.