Fuel Tank location ?

GoldenMotor.com

wolfstone7

Oct 19, 2009
Ky
Hello all...
If a tank is put on the handlebars it would be higher than the engine. BUT, if the set up is on a step trough bike the line would go down and up to the engine on a friction drive set up.
So the question is, would the pressure be enough to push the fuel back up?
Thanks for your input.
Hank

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Liquid will seek its own level. Therfore if the outlet of the fuel line is lower than the level in the tank fuel will flow, even if it has to go what looks like uphill. That might sound like a contradiction to a previous question and answer regarding fuel tank location but that involved a tank that was lower than the carburetor. In you case the fuel will be higher so you will have flow.
Tom

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Get one of those little cheap string levels at depo or hardware store and figure in the height of the tank for down hill also

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
if he goes down a hill that's so steep his handlebars are lower than his engine, lemme know where it is so i can bomb it on my skateboard:)

seriously. tip your bike and forward and see how far you gotta go to get the tank lower. then tell me you wanna ride down a hill that steep.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I dont know,,,If the tank is in front of the stem that clamps the bars he is pretty close to engine level according to my highly tecknical square cut edge of scrap card-stock