"swap & shop" items deleted.

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I think it might be a good idea to delete the posted "swap & shop' items after 30 or maybe even 60 days from the original posting date.
If they're not yet sold the seller can re-list them.
This will clear out all the old items that have already been sold!
What do you think?? :D

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Sounds like a good idea,they might send a reminder type e-mail like the ones that link-back or let you know when someone replyed to a thread

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The "solution" is FAR simpler lol

Just put "sold/no longer available" or w/e as the last post and mebbe even actually PM a staff member - we do clean out that subforum all the time.

Besides "old" threads aren't really a problem unless someone "bumps" them up - then we get 'em anyway *shrug* The forum is filled w/em heh

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i actually considered doing that however i was selling a few things and did a search in the swap shop to find out what something sold for. as barelyawake said the old items get burried anyway unless someone post on them.

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
Just PM the seller if it seems kind of old. If like 5 days go by and you don't get a response (or he tells you the thing was sold), post it in big red font for the rest of us.

You can also go into the member profiles and figure out exactly when the seller's last activity was. If it doesn't seem they've logged-in for a few months, then you're probably not going to be able to buy whatever it is you're looking at.

EDIT: I have to agree with the mods on this one though, it is nice to see the going rates of used stuff.