Has anyone ridden coast to coast?

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
urm, may I suggest waiting til spring? ;)

Insofar as route planning, that would depend completely on who's actually going to be able to do this, wouldn't make much sense to east-west if everyone's in California lol

I suspect this is such a commitment, that it may be better served on a individual basis. Should two or more people happen to be setting up a departure date/area and happen to hook up, this would be defo the place to do it - but I think it might be unlikely...

How cool would THAT be though? I think if a caravan did get arranged, I'd have to join it!

I'm building another bike anyway... :D

pnz

Aug 19, 2009
Rosedale, Ca.
Ok, Motorcycle Enthusiasts have Sturgis, S.D. China Dolls could have Denver, Co. ( of coarse about the same time the Great American Beer Feast would be nice ). Or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Here is the prize for who gets there first XXX

urm, may I suggest waiting til spring? ;)

Insofar as route planning, that would depend completely on who's actually going to be able to do this, wouldn't make much sense to east-west if everyone's in California lol

I suspect this is such a commitment, that it may be better served on a individual basis. Should two or more people happen to be setting up a departure date/area and happen to hook up, this would be defo the place to do it - but I think it might be unlikely...

How cool would THAT be though? I think if a caravan did get arranged, I'd have to join it!

I'm building another bike anyway... :D

Last edited:

NickDK

Aug 24, 2008
I say we leave June of '10 from Oceanside, CA. I've always wanted to be on the today show.

wolfstone7

Oct 19, 2009
Ky
Although this is a boating route there are roads running near or along side that would make for a neat trip. America's Great Loop Cruisers' Association My boat is in SC for the winter and starting up the trip again in the spring.
I had a friend in the 70's that rode (no motor) from Minn. to Wash. to S. Calif. to Texas and home for a nice trip one year.
He found a lot of nice people that put him up and slept in a lot of small town cemetery's. When asked why, he said it was quiet and no one ever bothered him.
Hank