third transfer port reed kit and porting 66cc

GoldenMotor.com

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
looks good. i wondered how to better the transfers being the piston crown blocks 1/2 the port. looking forward to seeing how it works. dennis

Frogster

Jan 18, 2013
Mississauga Ontario Canada
Ya man, post about how it works out. Also, is it possible to explain how the transfer ports in these engines work? I really dont get it. I was always under the impression that in a two stroke, the intake air/fuel/oil mixture went strait into the crankcase, not into the cylinder then into the crank case... Hows that work?

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I heard you bought it from David Rust when you bought your Reed block . Some body fibbing . you can't do it with the drum sander ,like the one of your YouTube video .

hioctane

Jan 30, 2013
torrance ca
Yes it is possible with the right bits the one in the vid I did myself and works great took me about an hour to do and yes I do buy from rust. I also took .50 off the top which rust does not. Which I had my local machine shop Do that part.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
and in your other video you said you got clocked at 50 miles an hour on break and I found that interesting . Maybe 50 kilometers .

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I heard you bought it from David Rust when you bought your Reed block . Some body fibbing . you can't do it with the drum sander ,like the one of your YouTube video .
Yes, he bought the reed ported cylinder in the video from Arrow Motorized Cycles.

http://www.arrowmotorizedcycles.com/shop-now---high-performance-ported-cylinders.html

High Performance Boost Port Reed Cylinder
For Reed Box application only

The Boost Port Reed Cylinder has a third transfer port for added performance.

66cc Skyhawk cylinders

$65.00

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Haha interesting if that's so ill send you one for 35.00 haters
Why is that interesting?
You bought one of the reed ported cylinders from Arrow Motorized Cycles
and sort of copied Daves work.

All the changes you made to your cylinder on the video degraded the performance.

If you think your mods are better than Arrow's bring it out to the next
SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing event on June 1st and take all that purse
money! :D

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Pretty kewl. Yeah I agree it is not rocket science so to speak to use a dremel lol. I think it is great the op shared it with us!....:p:):D

Last edited: