Motor aggressively yanked off of bike?

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
No need at all for sorry. Your among friends Stuck.

Your chain was hitting the (in picture) upper nut? If so, thinking your rear sprocket is not out far enough. Can you post a pic of your rear sprocket? The "rag-joint" can be a major problem and really throws people. (lol, figuratively speaking)

No worries. You will be up and running soon. Don't let it discourage. The hair pulling is just part of the fun. Then, really adds to the joy when ya get her going! (an' you will)

.wee.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
from the pic it had to be a miss alignment problem because it should have cleared the stud in question it would be close but not touching.

while you put it back together can we get pics of the engine in the bike?

stuckonreplay

Aug 14, 2012
Frederick, Maryland
No need at all for sorry. Your among friends Stuck.

Your chain was hitting the (in picture) upper nut? If so, thinking your rear sprocket is not out far enough. Can you post a pic of your rear sprocket? The "rag-joint" can be a major problem and really throws people. (lol, figuratively speaking)

No worries. You will be up and running soon. Don't let it discourage. The hair pulling is just part of the fun. Then, really adds to the joy when ya get her going! (an' you will)

.wee.
I am really stressed out about the whole thing. I have put a lot of money into this thing mostly on replacement parts ( I got my new hardware kit today :) ) But I have learned to be patient. And by rear sprocket do you mean the one on the back tire?

from the pic it had to be a miss alignment problem because it should have cleared the stud in question it would be close but not touching.

while you put it back together can we get pics of the engine in the bike?
I bought my universal front mount yesterday, when it gets here I can.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
yep the one on the back if it "dishes" towards the bike that could be the problem

also dont worry it will work out we ALL have had problems along the way to making ours work the way we want

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
if you look at it closely,it doesent really dish,but the ring where the teeth are is set to one side.if at all possible post a picture of the rear sprocket mounted to the wheel.
every one of us replying want to help you get to riding.
i see pieces of rubber laying beside the motor,were you using those inside the mount?

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
ok thats not it then my 44 tooth is dished (some are flat) if i would have put mine on facing the bike it would pull the chain closer to the tire(and the stud)

stuckonreplay

Aug 14, 2012
Frederick, Maryland
if you look at it closely,it doesent really dish,but the ring where the teeth are is set to one side.if at all possible post a picture of the rear sprocket mounted to the wheel.
every one of us replying want to help you get to riding.
i see pieces of rubber laying beside the motor,were you using those inside the mount?
Those rubber pieces were/are going on the front and rear mount to reduce vibration. I will send a picture of the rear wheel tommorow.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I have yet to see or hear of a flat 44t kit supplied sprocket. I know that 36t sprockets are flat, but i dont know of any flat 44t sprockets. i am still not sure that he understands what dished means. a flat sprocket is completely flat from the center hole all the way out to the teeth. a dished sprocket is flat from the center bolt to just before the teeth, then curves outward slightly at the part where the teeth are. when the sprocket is installed properly, the teeth would curve out away from the spokes, not in towards them.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Please do not put any sort of rubber in between the mounts and the frame.
It really does nothing to help out with cancelling vibration and actually increases it due to the engine being able to shake around on the rubber. This shaking also stresses the mounting studs and mount pads on the engine and more often than not leads to cracking/ shearing of the mounts.