motor mount suggestion.

GoldenMotor.com

obadboystanley

Sep 4, 2012
NYC
Today I mounted the motor on my cruiser, well kinda. my problem is that the front mount doesn't reach the the down tube. Just when I think I have something figured out I hit a obstacle on something else, but hey obstacles where made to overcome them. So Ive seen a lot of great ideas on the site, but the one that appeals to me the most is this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150891748550?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I can go to the home depot and probably find the parts there.
I like the simplicity of it. So my questions is if its sturdy enough?
Thanks in advance for any input.
P.s. I just realized I posted this thread on the wrong section. :/

Last edited:

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
thats a exhaust clamp with another pice of metal on it and they want $15 i can make that for about $7 with parts from the auto store if you like that style you should make one

obadboystanley

Sep 4, 2012
NYC
Thanks Johnny
they got the clamps at autozone for less then 3 bucks. As for the metal piece I don't know if I can buy it or I would have to make it my self. I don't have a garage full of tools like I wish I did so my fabrication options are limited,which sucks.

obadboystanley

Sep 4, 2012
NYC
I got the SBP front mount. Took care of the problem. It seems that it is waaay sturdier then the stock mount. I took out the 2 stock studs from the front mount, man those things looked weak. Thanks for all your input.