Magic Pie 3 on Trek 3500 disc bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
went for another ride just now and all i can say is this is fun. traffic on the road waiting for the red light and i was flying past them and past the store because i wanted to ride more. they just look trying to figure out why i wasnt pedaling. a local at the store said "how you do dat mon" i said do what. he said "zoom past here and not pedaling" i said i was going downhill. he said "no man you going uphill look. i never seen such a thing you wern't pedaling" so i told him it had an electric motor and he was amazed and said he never seen nothing like that. i left and he was waiving and just happy as pie seeing an electric bicycle

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah Baby!

No noise, no stink, no heat, no vibration, no fumes...

Just tell 'em - "It's Magic"

You can test the regen with a simple switch. The switch just connects the regen input to ground.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Paul,
I've enjoyed reading your pie trek adventure which makes me want to dig out my Golden Motor front wheel pancake motor I bought some years ago. 36V. with SLA batteries... a far cry from what you're doing. Still, the little I fooled with my set up made me appreciate the silence of the ride and the instantaneous power. Mine will probably get used with a hybrid trike... pancake motor up front and gas motor in the frame.
I'm really glad it has worked out and exceeded your expectations. Awesome...
SB

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
thanks sb. i really do enjoy the electric bike. as i said it goes way past my expectations. put some fenders on today incase i get caught out in one of the caribbean showers. plus they look cool lol

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Yes real good. It's in the silver box on the back of the bike. Also all the connections are water resistant.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i had a front powered wheel long ago. under power you hit gravel or something the front wheel can come out from under you real fast.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
well i was excited all week about my shifters being in this week and picking them up tomorrow. didnt realize tomorrow was a holiday so now i have to wait till Friday to get them when the bike shop opens. ohh well all good things are worth waiting for.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...and you've seemed to have done an awful lot of waiting w/this project Paul, being stateside while your bike & parts were waiting back home, cycle shops that are only open when they feel like it & now a pesky holiday - you've my sympathies man, I suffer woefully from the "kid b'for xmas" syndrome meself >.<

Well, at least this time you can still play with the ebike whilst you wait for more shinys lol ;)

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
have to take the good with the bad to be able to live here. one thing you learn is how to wait lol. gets to me sometimes but its 80 and beautiful out so what the heck is a few more days. i just can't imagine having a buisness that is open 3 days a week for only 5 hours each day. i need a job like that lol

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Do what Char and I do when we go to the island in Florida. We put out watches and any clocks away so they can't be seen. Now we're on "Island Time". There's a resturant/bar on the island, 'The Rum Bay Bar'. They have a big clock on the wall with no hands on it. Across the face it says, "It is Now Island Time". If you ask the bar tender if he has the time he'll say, "Sure, all the time in the world."

Tom

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
here is a picture of the east end of our island. as you can see not a bad place to ride. roads are rough and the hills are long and steep however this kind of view makes it all worth it. the beach is on the west end of the island. notice the big crowds

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Paul,
How do you manage to fight your way onto the beach after spending time looking out over the ocean? Does the guy from the bike shop save you a place?

I feel for ya man. Stressfull to the max. :)

Steve.