triple power tandem

GoldenMotor.com

Californiaman

Dec 28, 2011
Durban, South Africa
Like i said in my "hi i'm new here" post, i'm busy with this tandem. Got it running and i'm enjoying it thoroughly.

made myself a new for with some scrap metal we had at work and that has improved the handling a bit.

i'm running the 66cc kit with a 48 tooth sproket. it is very hilly here and i needed the extra power. even with the 48 tooth i often pedal had in the lightest gear.

next i'd like to get a little expansion chamber, but it loks like i'll have to make one due to budget constraints... :)

here is a pic at work last week.

i have more info on the build here: Triple Power Tandem

Last edited:

Californiaman

Dec 28, 2011
Durban, South Africa
thanks for the complements and i fixed the pic (thatnks for that heads up i did not realise it was not working). i want to try and put some more detailed pics up on the blog. for the last couple of things that i did.

next i need to sort out the braking. i have very little to no brakes. currently only have back brakes - i'm busy making ones for the front. will be copiing the whole v-brake design. . i have a double brake setup at the back that i will be joining together, i will also be making all the brakes (front and back)work off one lever. with the all the hills where i ride, it does become a little hairraising right now...

Last edited:

Californiaman

Dec 28, 2011
Durban, South Africa
i have been away fro a while - have been enjoying this bike too much and being kept busy with other bigger(cc) projects.

here is a little ride video i did last week. like i've said before i use this bike to work. took a little video of my ride to work. great fun! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh5XyJhWksE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

yesterday i started to fit the standard sprocket, think it is the 38 tooth(??). hope to get a little bit more speed, better fuel consumption and more fun! had tpo make the chain shorter and took too much off. so i'll heve to make a plan there! beginner mistake!

cheers!

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Love those girders! Was the round tubing "weak and bobbing" or did you come along some square cheap tubing :p

Great vid/mount btw, love it!

Last edited: