Tandem for one !!!

GoldenMotor.com

Ceej

May 23, 2011
High Desert
I am about to start work on a Tandem for one. I will be removing the stroker seat and installing some bags and running a laidback seat post off of the front seat tube which would put me sitting between the front seat area and the back seat area. I will aslo be installing some very long swepts back bars to give me that cruiser look while I am seated on the springer style seat. If any one has performed something like this build please shoot me some pics or give me some pros and cons on my ideas.

.shft.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I think he was joking about twin motors. BUT.....it would really be cool! Have the exhaust of the front motor cross under the frame and go back from there. Put chrome down turned extensions on it...WOW! Anyone on here have photoshop that could post a picture of that?

Terry

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I saw a bicycle built for 3! Now that would be long. There are some for 4 people but I don't know how many more. The 1 for 3 people was selling for $7,000.00!

Terry

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I'm thinking on trying that with this frame:

http://bbbp.net/images/FR08.JPG

It's aluminum but I have a friend who welds aluminum. I just need to buy the wire and gasses. The main framework would stay intact but the 2 braceing tubes would be moved. I'd fab a seat that places me inbetween the seat posts down low. Most likely use the back crank hole for a half-shaft, maybe for both chains. The main part of the half-shaft would be for the S5 E Morini motor I have and then a freewheel for the bike chain. It's for 26" tires so it's pretty long but so am I :)

I have a Pauco Porkster tank that would look good on it and the seat would be an over-sized King & Queen seat for my over-sized a** :)

Ceej

May 23, 2011
High Desert
This is what I was thinking about building. It is a tandem beach cruiser, I still need to install the motor in the pic but first I really need to work on my photo shot skills....

Attachments

Ceej

May 23, 2011
High Desert
I have not been able to get my wife to join me on a tandem ride so I think It is time to start on this long custom single seater tandem. :)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I'm thinking on trying that with this frame:

http://bbbp.net/images/FR08.JPG

It's aluminum but I have a friend who welds aluminum. I just need to buy the wire and gasses. The main framework would stay intact but the 2 braceing tubes would be moved. I'd fab a seat that places me inbetween the seat posts down low. Most likely use the back crank hole for a half-shaft, maybe for both chains. The main part of the half-shaft would be for the S5 E Morini motor I have and then a freewheel for the bike chain. It's for 26" tires so it's pretty long but so am I :)

I have a Pauco Porkster tank that would look good on it and the seat would be an over-sized King & Queen seat for my over-sized a** :)
That is a great frame Dave. Gave me a thunk on trying to weld one my self. (Still just learning welding) But that frame is perfect. All st8 and well supported lines.

.flg.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
twin motors .....good luck keeping those in tune , if you do it an it works way cool !
you could always run one - if it fails run the second kind of like a spare tire !

Ceej

May 23, 2011
High Desert
Yes, That is very close that what I was thinking about building. I am 6'3" so I would like to get that seat back on the frame further but that is very close to what I was thinking about.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
just get another bike an a hole saw an move the seat tube back then have it welded in place , I LIKE THAT ITS KINDA CRAZY LOOKING !