picts of bike

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I prefer steel frames but that Giant should be plenty sturdy. If you use a frame mounted two stroke kit, plan on getting an oversize (diameter) front motor mount or build one with a muffler clamp.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I would assume that at your size that you will be installing a shift kit to get the most out of the engine.
Be sure to post pictures of the build.

erickm1972

Dec 20, 2010
Richmond,VA
appreciate the input fellas thats why i joined. I'm looking to get the best possible performance out of the motor. All tips..hints and tricks are welcome.

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
port matching, its free( if you have the tools). And definitely shift kit being able to utilize the gears is awesome.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I think that bike will suit you fine, I see no probs what so ever. Sturdy frame.....good brakes....go for it! A shift kit would be a bonus for ya......now or later.

erickm1972

Dec 20, 2010
Richmond,VA
Thanks for all the input. Im new to the whole mb thing. i actually brought the bike according to my height and weight from a local bike shop so no woories there. any input on the best place to order a 66cc/80cc motor, shift kit and so forth.

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
i got my first motor kit from bike berry no complaints. i got my second from spooky tooth. both were the 66cc/80cc motors. the first was a flying horse, the second the grubee skyhawk angle fire head. the flying horse was a decent motor till i decided to go through the sandy trails behind my appt with the stock airfilter. the stock air filters suck, i urchased a lowprofile airfilter from sick bike parts, and its awesome. the grubee i put on my trike build with a shift kit, and although i havent broken the motor in yet, it runs beautifully. Basically just look through out the various vendors. Although i must say sick bike parts has great shipping and great customer servise. Spooky has good customer service average shipping times. Bike berry well i hated the wait with their shipping but that was over a year ago. havent seen their customer service, never talked to em. umm thats my pinions, but i would suggest a grubbee, i have read posts about the angle fire not being better than the stock 90 degree plug, and vice versa.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Just a tip that I give most new people. Purchase your engine and install it per the instructions. If you have never installed one of these engine kits and attempting to add the shift kit at the same time is a lot to bite off. Your rear disc brake will make installing the kit with the left side drive a challenge and may not be worth it. If you could find an old used rear wheel without a disc brake would be optimum. I helped a guy install a 2 stroke and a shift kit on that very bike and it rocks, it is an excellent platform. The only odd thing is that the downtube is a strange triangular oval. Our universal front mount works well but needs a little tweeking to fit perfect. I can help you with it.

bobby

Dec 15, 2010
ny
check out thats dax website. hes doing a 4hp cag motor thats gonna have way more power than a 66cc. but if thats all you can get its a great motor my friend has a grubee and loves it

erickm1972

Dec 20, 2010
Richmond,VA
thanx I figured I would get the motor situated first and then work on the shift kit, right now i've been tweeking a gas powered skateboard I got my son for xmas, It would be cool if I could see some picts of your friends bike kinda give me a preview what mine might look like

erickm1972

Dec 20, 2010
Richmond,VA
I got the same bad habit not taking pictures of projects. Did want to know if you guys used a shift kit and if you changed the rear tire or did you use the rim with the disc brake

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Definitely used a Shift Kit and maintained the rear disc. But in your case I would recommend getting an old rim that you can use to install the standard left side drive sprocket to break in the motor and fine tune it before installing the Shift Kit.