Manic Mechanic Engine Mount

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
sweet, sounds good. I almost bought another MB today, but it was sold already. only $75! DEAth TRap! lol Gas bike/Death trap
Hey OB,
For sh*ts and giggles I called that dude you listed in your post....he was VERY rude.....LOL.... I hadda bust out laughing about the part where he lists....." comes with everything you need to kill yourself ".....hahahahahahah GEEZ !.....he sold it and apparently is waiting on a lawsuit...... hahahahahaha....

Thanks!
Salty.shft.

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
hahaha he's waiting on a lawsuit, hahaha. thats funny. hahaha If he only knew what loc tite was, or better yet, invested in some of Jim's MB specialty components....

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
hahaha he's waiting on a lawsuit, hahaha. thats funny. hahaha If he only knew what loc tite was, or better yet, invested in some of Jim's MB specialty components....
EXACTLY !....Jim's components and loc-tite !....I am a firm believer in that stuff....also nylock nuts...I'm soon going to get more of Jim's parts and maybe one of his new heads but I'm not sure if they'll work on my motor....needa ask him....hmmmm....

Salty.shft.

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Hey guys,

I've finally got a pile of, (the new design), motor mounts sitting on the bench. Today I will be deburring the parts and assembling them. We're getting close!

Jim
Jim,I must of misunderstood what you said on the phone about being ready & shipped last Tuesday.Did you mean they'll be out this Tuesday? I have to move very very soon and won't have an address for quite awhile.I'm going to need a sprocket adapter as soon as you can to.I'm taking my MB on a long wild trip until I find a place to move :)

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
I just got my billet head today from Pirate Cycles. Jim, this is an amazing product! Wow! It really puts the rest of the motor to shame! Although after some filing and sanding of the cooling fins on the jug, and maybe some polish, it should look a lot better than how it comes out of the box ( jagged, bent fins). I'm debating weather to paint the head black and polish the fins, or just leave it to showcase this work of art. The engine is black, with polished fins,

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Jim,I've tried calling your number didn't get through again.You did tell me they'd be shipped two weeks ago.I need to know what to do here very soon.Please call me when you can.

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
Awesome, does that mean mine was also shipped on Thursday? I ordered on Jan 14, and my application was for a pk80 engine, on a northwoods ridgedale frame. Just wanna know when to expect.....

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
Just got the mounts in the mail, and they are beefy! I like how they are adjustable, and that they have the rubber insterts, and the inner diameter of the clamp has an indentation for the rubber supplied with the mounts.. nice!

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Guys,

I'm glad to hear your mounts arrived early! Shipping is usually 3 days.

Use scissors to trim the supplied rubber for a nice fit in the frame clamp groove.

I know the general consensus here on the forum would lead you to believe that rubber lined mounts are no good!

Just trust the design...the frame clamps shut to provide an almost rigid assembly. I lined them with rubber to prevent frame cracking.

Have fun!

Jim

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Jim,Do you have any of the pan designs left? If you do I really do need one for my setup man.Please let me know,thanks.

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
I just put about 50 miles on my bike, and noticed that the right front engine mount bolt sheered off inside the engine! The damn Chinese couldn't add a little more material around where the stud screws in at. I had this same problem on my other bike, but luckily it was the stock stud that sheered off right at the right side engine block. I was able to drill out the hole, and re tap it to a different thread. This time however, I used the hardened bolts supplied with Jim's mounts. Should I even attempt extracting the bolt out of the engine, or is it over with? Is 3 bolts enough to handle the pk with the Billet head, which by the way is niiiice. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I just wanna ride the damn thing already! These China girls are really starting to get on my nerves. Can't wait for the ultimate engine that Jim will come out with in the near future! I will donate 5 or whatever for the R&D, and also purchase 1 or 2 of them. 1 will be all polished sitting on my shelf, waiting for a bike, and the other will replace my new pk80.. heehehe

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I wouldn't count on three bolts if one snapped already..Heck I don't even trust four torqued bolts to hold lol.I'd re thread it if you can.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You've stated that the "hardened bolts snapped" then go on about the cheap chinese engine being the problem....Hmmmm.

Hardened hardware (grade 8) is brittle if used wrong. Grade 5 is more than sufficient and recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.