Need Enging Mount FELT Bike

GoldenMotor.com

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN CUSTOMIZED OR FABRICATE A MOTOR MOUNT FOR MY FELT BIKE? I NEED YOUR HELP!

I need a custom engine mount for my FELT bike so badly. I want to start off building my MB by doing it professionally RIGHT and mount the motor at level attitude. I have searched the net and so far have seen 2 vendors that sell the mounts that I want. But unfortunately they are not available at this time and still "work in progress".

1.) The first mount that I like is from Manic Mechanic. I am calling them every week and they keep on saying that their mounts are "almost" ready and to just constantly check their site for availability. It have been checking and calling them for since 4-5 weeks ago and still not available.

2.) The other is from AMPT (AMPT Bikes). I have sent them multiple e-mails coz no other way to contact them by phone and still no reply. The AMPT mounts looks sweeter than Manics but costly at $132.00. Finally, I posted a message directly on their site and finally AMPT responded and told me that their mount is coming soon (no date mentioned)....AGGHHH!

I am getting inpatient and frustrated to build this bike as I have it for 3 months now. Is there anybody out there that can customized or fabricate mounting brackets for my bike? similar to the two mounts I mentioned above. I am willing to shed extra dollars just for this. Please help, as winter is fast approaching and a possibility that I will not have much time to enjoy this bike.

Please see the attached BIKE specification and measurement. (All cruisers from FELT frame size are all the same). Any help is greatly appreciated.

I will use Skyhawk GT5 66 cc motor and 38T sprocket and adapter from MM

Other future Mods I am planning.
1.) Uprgraded Carburators with K&N style filters from Spooky Tooth
2.) Manic Mechanic intake manifold
3.) Sick Bike Parts custom exhaust
laff

Attachments

Last edited:

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Thanks RedB66...Yes I really want to get a hold of these mounts from AMPT. If you notice my first post above I was trying to contact them but unsuccessfull. I sent multiple e-mail to them so I can buy the mounts but they are not responding. I guess that there mounts is not for sale as of yet. The mounts may be "still work in progress" same with Manic Mechanic. By any chance do you have contact with AMPT? I am desperate to build this bike up, perhaps you know someone from AMPT? Thanks for the reply.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I built a Felt MP bike... All I had to do for the rear tire was use two rubber donuts between the spokes & sprocket. No engine offset was nessesary.
I don't have any extra engine mounts right now, but Dax might?

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Thanks RedB66...Yes I really want to get a hold of these mounts from AMPT. If you notice my first post above I was trying to contact them but unsuccessfull. I sent multiple e-mail to them so I can buy the mounts but they are not responding. I guess that there mounts is not for sale as of yet. The mounts may be "still work in progress" same with Manic Mechanic. By any chance do you have contact with AMPT? I am desperate to build this bike up, perhaps you know someone from AMPT? Thanks for the reply.
My bike would not be on the road save for Red's expertise....he's knows his stuff.....Where-as my build didn't require a mounting issue it did require an intake mod.....you're in good hands with Red....

Laters,
Saltybrnot

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
sorry...i apologized for the confusion. i thought you're the one i was talking too with the past couple of days about the mount.

yeah..the 5/8 offset i copied from the specs of AMPT Felt mounts. They had mentioned the standart 3 inch tires that their mounts would accomodate it with an offset of 5/8. so i am thingking it would be the correct measurements. do you think i do not need the offset? please help as i am getting confused. thanks

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Question...what is a rubber donut? and where can I buy?
He is referring to the rubber parts of the kit supplied sprocket attachment parts, sometimes refered to as the 'rag joint'. Normally you use two of them sandwiched between the spokes and the sprocket. What he's suggesting is usine two on the sprocket side to reloctae the sprocket closer to the bike frame, (chain stay) to give you better chain/tire clearance. I've never tried it but it sounds like good advice.
Tom

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Thanks all for the advice. This forum really is helpful for beginners like me.
Bill4648 - I called spooky last night and they do not what mounts I am talking about.

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
I have nothing to do this afternoon and I thought of wondering how would my Felt Bike look like if I do have the correct mounts that I am wishing for??...and the bike is up an running??So I tried to temporary place the engine and install the gas tank and mufflers....and whalla!! looks good..

Attachments