Midwest Motorized Bicycle Cruise

GoldenMotor.com

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
Today's ride was a perfect example of how healthy and diversified this hobby is. I will have more to post later.

I just want to say now it was a great time and well hosted by ckangaroo an his family and I look forward to doing it again.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Glad to hear everything worked out. It sounded like everything was coming together, except for the chance of thunderstorms.

I watch the weather as a matter of course at work. So I was also watching and thinking about this cruise. "Looks like they dodged the bullet!"

What a strange, strange June it's been around here.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Yep, that was a blast!

Nice to meet you all, anyone else get sunburned?

-Kirk
Absolutely sunburned... feeling it today... got it on my knees and neck mostly. But what can you expect from a 51 mile ride! Also Kirk it was awesome to see your creations and the fact that it took a long ride without skipping a beat.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Glad to hear everything worked out. It sounded like everything was coming together, except for the chance of thunderstorms.

I watch the weather as a matter of course at work. So I was also watching and thinking about this cruise. "Looks like they dodged the bullet!"

What a strange, strange June it's been around here.
It was a matter of eat first or ride first. We made the right choice with riding first because as soon as we got back it started raining! Also Ray can cook up a mean steak!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
WOW!!!!! is all I can say. What an event! 50 + miles of beautiful Illinois farm country, perfect weather and an absolutely great bunch to ride with! I'm struggling, trying to tell Char about the ride, the day and the people. So much to tell, so many neat things to recall. It's hard to remember everything but I'll eventually get it all in.

Ray and his wife went way above and beyond to make the event what it was. My hat is off to them for providing the perfect day with their hospitality and making all of us feel comfortable. Great food, great ride and great companionship.

Brown's wife Kelly also needs to know how much her efforts were appreciated. She drove the 'support vehicle' the whole route. Nice that we didn't need it but she was there with us, every step of the way. Thank you, Kelly!

Thanks guys. It was just a part of my summer vacation but one that I will remember for many years to come. My reunion with my old Air Force buddy in Collinsville was also good. Too bad I didn't bring my fishing gear with me. Maybe next time.

The Norton got rained on, a lot, during the trip back to Colorado but it didn't seem to mind. It sure got lots of attention on the road and when I'd make fuel or food stops. I handed out a bunch of my business cards with the forum URL. Maybe we'll see some new members. The maintenance guy at one hotel where I stayed brought his son to work with him so he could see the bike. Now he wants to build one for him and his son.

Motorcyclist who passed me gave me 'thumbs up' and a was honked at a few times too by passing cars.

Just got in from the trip. I cooked out on the grill because I'm tired of resturant food. I needed a home cooked meal. The bikes are still in and on the truck. They'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'm too tired to unload them tonight.

I have video and some still shots I'll upload in a day or two. Right now, I want a shower and a bed.

Thanks guys!

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound Tom. It was a real pleasure to cruise with you and the other guys and something I will always remember. Thanks for the great memory.