help please

GoldenMotor.com

lenny9651

Apr 7, 2013
florida
just got this, i was planning to put an engine on it, but i was looking on ebay to try and find out how much it's worth, it's a ross mt. rushmore, i couldn't find an exact match on ebay but i did find other ross mountain bikes (mt. whitney,bear mountain, mt. mckinnley, mt. hood) the prices on those were from $350 to $14,000 (<- that's not a typo...$14,000!!!! really?) so i would really like to know what it's worth before i chop it up to motorized it. i don't mind chopping up a $200 bike but i'd hate to chop up a $1000 bike anyone know what it's worth?

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You shouldn't need "to chop it up". That looks to be a standard 'V' frame bike that will allow a bolt on engine kit. It could easily be returned to the original condition should you desire to. You didn't say what engine you are thinking of installing but it really doesn't matter. Most any engine kit, 2 or 4 stroke will work, in-frame or friction drive with no permanent changes or damage to the frame.
Good luck.

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Looks like a great bike for a build.
It's not worth any more than anything else of the same build quality.
A engine kit will easily bolt on without any frame mods and should easily return to stock if someone wants to pay you $14,000 dollars for it.

lenny9651

Apr 7, 2013
florida
i did think it was a $14000 bike but if it's a $1000 bike then i'd rather just sell it to someone who's into mountain biking

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
That bike is defiinately not worth that much. Mountain bikes have come a long way since that bike.

Straight handlebars... Heh.