cent clutch

GoldenMotor.com

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
ok after a month of running cent clutch im having to use the clutch again it seems like the roller bearing went out or something the clutch isnt expanding to catch so im guessing the shaft is catching problem is where do i get just the roller bearing????

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Could you explain your problem a little better.
Read your post I'm not sure just what your problem is.
other than you have a cent. clutch ,roller bearing and a clutch?
roller bearing usually have the part number stamped on their side, bearing stores can help if you take the bearing to the store.
Most" Advance Auto Parts" stores sell bearing or have a catalog to cross ref. the numbers on the bearing side if the bearing has any numbers.
Or you will need to have the bearings I.D.,, O.D. ,, and width.

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
The only bearing in the stand alone centi clutch kits is a roller clutch bearing Norm, they don't have a part number stamped on them and I've not seen them available separately outside of a new kit. Some of the pull start engine kits that came factory equipped with a centi clutch were not fitted with the roller clutch bearing and they use a normal bearing or a bushing. Either way I'd bet money that his centi clutch shaft adapter is slipping on the crank, it's a pretty cheesy taper fit setup.

---

Appears he has the type of centi clutch that would use the standard bearings in the clutch bell.

http://motorbicycling.com/f3/centrifugal-vs-clutch-engines-27210-2.html#post256309

Last edited:

adam valentine

Sep 27, 2010
Mission Kansas
motor did come with cent clutch ran fine for a while now its catching but not by the clutch expanding and that has caused me to have to use the hand clutch and yhere are no markings whatsoever on the roller bearing

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
the cent clutch has a bushing that the bell rides on and a sprag bearing that monly lets it spin one direction. make sure the bolt to the crankshaft is really tight no wodruff key.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
With the manual clutch disengaged, try turning the bell of the centrifugal clutch by hand. It should turn, along with the big clutch gear in one direction.

If the middle tries to turn the crankshaft in both directions then the CF is somehow jammed, or the sprag is gummed up or full of dirt or something.

This should work one way, due to the sprag, the other way, it will try to turn the crankshaft.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
For 30 bucks, just pop in a new centrifugal clutch assembly and be done with it.
Why go through the trouble of searching for a roller bearing that might be the wrong size, depth, width color, smell, etc.