some pointers

GoldenMotor.com

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
1 pic is why you should wear a helmet. I hit my head on the the front left corner of the helmet and it cracked the helmet right up the guts on the back.

The other pic is of stoopid me wearing a singlet.
The 1st time I ever wore a singlet too mind you as it was a hot day.
I'll never make that mistake again.

My trailer clipped on a piece of concrete and send me over the hangers at about 45km/hr.
On new years day aswell..bf.

Attachments

pinjas

Nov 27, 2010
St. paul, MN
Wow, ouch. That looks pretty hardcore. I'd clean that stuff up well, grab some aloe, neosporin, and it probably sounds a little crazy, but something typically used for burns. You might want to read welding burn solutions - WeldingWeb™ - Welding forum for pros and enthusiasts this thread on a forum I usually visit. I imagine sliding across concrete to be similar to getting a harsh burn.
I've decided to not wear bicycle helmets. I've chosen to wear full motorcycle helmets. I like the idea of protecting my brain at those speeds, but my face isn't something I want to ruin either. I hope you heal well.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I am glad you seam ok? I mean it could be worse but gezz my goodness!

Sometimes I think we should have a hall of fame sticky. No fun intended. What I mean is collection of stern warning stories for some of the folks here that thinking wrecking is harmless.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
Yeah a wall of pain could be a good idea like has been said it pays to think safe I swear I have to learn everything the hard way once before it settles in.
Never going to wear a singlet again.
I would like to wear a full helmet but I reckon if i were ppl might start getting the wrong idea around here the more I make it look like I'm riding a motorbike the more it'll look like I'm riding a motorbike if that makes sense..i dunno i hit my head pretty hard

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Give it a friendlier name discombobulation's. No that did not sound right. Still seams like a very important subject tho. I don't have any thing yet ''knocks on wood repeatedly''.... But saying now Honestly I am not to proud to share in the name of safety. A good cause is a good cause. That is just good karma to me. Coming back to you if any thing?

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
Ouch Breno. I have ended up looking like that before just not on a MB. Face planted on a small dirt bike. Took a corner too fast and bam. Scratched the side of my face shoulder and arm. Took about a week and a half before they started to go away. Need less to say it didnt free great, especially when everyone asked what happeded and I had to say I ate the ground off a little old dirt bike. I think my pride was hurt more.

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
Please do cause I did hear that one a few times. I couldnt resist just telling them to shut up and leave me be. I hope you feel better in a couple days. Put a lot of neosporine on it. It worked for me. Oh and try as hard as you can to move slow. If you move too fast you will end up tearing the scab and it WILL bleed. Feel better my friend.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
thanx mate appreciate that.. wound is almost better now I'd reckon about 2-3 days more and I wont have to cover it.
Too bad we cant all go for a ride together and have a beer at the end of the day.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Glad you're healing up, Bud. I second that about a ride with a beer at the end. All you guys in Oz and Zundappin in Germany, riders all over the world "brothers in the wind" on our motorbikes. it sure would be nice to share a ride.
I didn't used to wear a helmet at all, then started wearing a scooter type a couple years ago, then this winter a full face and have to say that the thought of a face plant is pretty scary. I do like to goose the throttle, but at 66 don't mend so well anymore, so a good helmet it is. I don't care what anybody thinks. Stay safe.
SB