2006 Whizzer, Any Good?

GoldenMotor.com

Otto

Nov 23, 2012
Forney, TX
Total novice here with regards to the Whizzer motorbikes, but am very interested in getting one. Would the 2006 model be a good one? Any info with regard to speed, range, etc.? Anything special to look out for?

Thanks in advance,

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
A 2006 whizzer is an excellent choice.
Be sure to do a good maintenance, belts,wheels,good gas.
Also find a motor oil that has zinc,not with 0.8ppm of it but at least 0.12 to 0.14ppm.

Keep us posted!

Ray

Otto

Nov 23, 2012
Forney, TX
It has taken awhile, but it looks like I will be getting one of those 2006 Whizzers that was listed with 55 miles. I'm probably paying too much, but it's not like there is a plethora of them available around here.

Just need to decide between the black one, or the maroon one. Leaning toward the black one as I've never liked the color of maroon/burgundy on my vehicles. If everything looks proper, I should pick it up tomorrow, or Wednesday.

Otto

Nov 23, 2012
Forney, TX
It started out at $1385 back in June, but dropped soon after to $1350 firm. After some serious negotiations going on, and off, for nearly 3 months, I finally offered $1000. He wasn't sure that would work, but I mentioned the hassle of continuing to list them, etc., and he agreed. Like I said, I'm sure I'm paying too much, but there just haven't been any available around here. I'm also guessing both could be had for $2000, but I don't have a need for two.

There was one in Wichita Falls for $700, but that was bought by a fellow in OK. Sorry, I can't remember his handle.

Just looked it up. Timbo on the motored bikes forum. I'm pretty sure he bought that one in Wichita Falls as it is the same color, he said he bought it off CL and it had 400 miles on it.

Last edited:

Otto

Nov 23, 2012
Forney, TX
I kind of thought that as well and just wasn't going to pay more. I just need to decide which one. Like I mentioned, I'm leaning toward the black, but I could be swayed after seeing the other one.

By the way, the one that Tim bought from Wichita Falls wasn't running. He has had some problems that he inquired about over on motored bikes, but hasn't been back to post his results. They could have been just minor adjustments needed.

I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow. I'll post some thoughts, and photos, once I get back home. It's about 56 miles from my house.