Tools; cordless vs corded

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
But ya can't beat one for raw power.
True, but too much power and hassle for my needs, and I doubt they make an air screw driver, but they do make an air file...

It needs like 150psi constant air pressure to function.
My little shop compressor couldn't even power it so I took it and the part I wanted to file to the tire shop around the corner and used their air.

What a joke of a tool, the files themselves were junk and because they are designed to fit the air tool, all you can replace them with is more junk.

I still do my filing by hand with good files but it sounded like a handy tool at the time ;-}

Reactions: Dan

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
corded tools are great for when you need high rpms and high torque, but you just can't beat the portability of a cordless. and you can never beat the versatility of hand tools.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Recently bought a Ridgid combo kit with a brushless hammer drill & an impact with 4.0ah batteries.......should've done this sooner!!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Been eyeing those, Xman.

Amazing how many tools that work in that line and with the batteries.

Kinda dragging my heels with the getting locked into a particular line.

Leaning towards the Ryobi. More because they always seem to add something extra to each. Dunno if the rigid's have em, but the Ryobi's have magnetic bit holders. Just lil stuff like that. But am sure all the higher end ones all are that way in practice.

HF constantly has comparisons. Have not looked at em hard but doubt they have as many tool options for a whole line.

Feel free to correct me. Have had great luck with electric tools from them.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Dan I have used all brands of cordless tools, the best so far is the DeWalt line. Milwaukee is fairly close. The batteries last the longest with the DeWalt.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
The Ridgid lineup has a lifetime warranty --- even on the batteries! Almost all of my corded and cordless tools are now Ridgid. Zero issues. The lifetime warranty is only activated if the tools are bought at the Home Depot.

In my experience, the DeWalt, Milwaukee, Makita, Porter Cable, & Ridgid are like comparing Chevy & Ford. Each have their proponents, but are basically equal in performance and durability.