HELP!!! Clutch pad problem/question

GoldenMotor.com

Ghost926

Jul 26, 2011
Cen Cal
I got my first stinger motor and had a squeal and slippage in my clutch area so I examined my pads(which are square). They seemed to be glued in. Is this normal or not. I don't know if they are supposed to be glued or not,and I couldn't find anywhere in the forum about it. I've got 21 miles on this engine. It slips when I try to start and it looks like the "glue" is glazing the pads. Thank you for your help.:-||

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
They should be able to float freely in their pockets but not be sooo loose as to wobble around.

Interesting introduction too, I might add...
Welcome to the forum?

Ghost926

Jul 26, 2011
Cen Cal
Well I found that they weren't glued in but the pads were worn and it was built up around the sides. I need better pads as I don't like how the ones I have now slip to easily and are as soft as erasers. Any idea where I could get better ones?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Also the squealing sound from a clutch on these is famous for coming from the clutch actuator side.

There is a little ball bearing that sits/resides in the hollow part of the crank shaft that your output engine chain sprocket is at. Then there is a round length of rod that goes to that and into the shaft. ''Left side engine clutch cover.'' When these are dry of grease they can Squeal at that rod.

Do not loose that ball bearing don't try to get it out either you don't need to. Put bearing grease on the rod and put it back in. Grease all the surrounding parts at the left engine cover as well.

That might get rid of your noise?;)