Huffy Cranbrook first time putting a kit on a bike

GoldenMotor.com

Ziggyz

Sep 2, 2016
OK
So I just joined this forum and I don't have any experience installing a bike kit however I'm generally good with my hands. I got everything on the bike where it's supposed to be (I think) but I have a few loose parts. The throttle cable won't stay in on both ends and actually all the throttle parts won't stay on, including the handlebar part. Any help would be much appreciated.

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Who'd you get your kit from? From your vague description, that's kind of an odd problem, especially with a Cranbrook. And you might not get much help without more info.

The kit supplied hardware is Chinese Scrapaloy, toss it and buy American made grade eight or higher.

Also, the Cranbrook is a badly manufactured bicycle, which makes for a horribly built motorbike. The ones I've seen vary greatly in weld quality, from over penetration that borders on burn through to under penetration that looks more like a fresh bead of caulk laid on the metal, or play doh snakes...

You be warned.

Ziggyz

Sep 2, 2016
OK
I bought the kit off of Amazon, on the box it says seeutek motorized bike kit. I'm trying to make it work. Everything else seems fine.. I just want to know how to keep the throttle cables and just generally that whole part from moving or coming off the handle.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Hey ziggyz, lots of respect here for others opinions and some really hate the cranbrook, but they do have a steel frame and have thicker 12g spokes and are great looking frames. I've built 5 of them and all have been great. No problems with any welds. Just Remove the fenders if not reinforced at the attachment points for safety. Grease the hubs well and enjoy the heck out of it when it's done. As far as the throttle housing and parts?, being loose I've installed a steel self tapping small screw after drilling a pilot hole in the throttle housing and handle bar to help hold it on and not spin whereas the raised plastic pin in the inside will just snap off on its own. As far as the cable for the throttle... One end screws into the throttle housing after the cable coin end fits into the recess of the throttle handle.and the other end gets installed in the carb slide. If you have slack in the cable, then you did something wrong in the carb slide assembly most likely ... Maybe forgot the cable return spring. Some good vids on the carb assembly cable instal on you tube from Houston motorbikes. It's a bit tricky the first time. Not sure if this is actually your problem if not get us some more info. Just trying to trouble shoot blind and help ya out.

Zip

Last edited: