CNS Carburetor

GoldenMotor.com

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
This is the best translation i could find for the carb info. thought it might help

Ping PZ15J suction plunger-type carburetor
形式与用途 Forms and uses

PZ15J化油器是平吸柱塞式化油器,主要与建设CY-50、CY80摩托车相配套,也可用于IE47FM的发动机。 PZ15J carburetor is flat suction plunger-type carburetor, mainly related to the construction of CY-50, CY80 motorcycle match can also be used to IE47FM engine.

主要结构尺寸 The main structure of size
混合室出口直径: ¢15 Mixing chamber exports the diameter: ¢ 15
安装尺寸: ¢21 Installation Size: ¢ 21
外形尺寸:(长×宽×高)74×59×122 Dimensions: (L × W × H) 74 × 59 × 122
主要技术参数 Main technical parameters
最大功率: 4.9KW/6000r/min Maximum Power: 4.9KW/6000r/min
最大扭矩: 8.0Nm/4500r/min Torque: 8.0Nm/4500r/min
经济油耗: 1.9L/100Km Fuel economy: 1.9L/100Km
发动机最低稳定转速: 1500±150r/min Minimum stable engine speed: 1500 ± 150r/min

Attachments

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Wow, those hyroglyphics are just a little easier to read than the chinese instructions...

Last edited:

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
After playing with my CNS carb and it not running I had to remove it and installed the stock carb. While i had the carb apart i tracked down where are the nipples lead to. From what i can find online they say to leave them open but one of them runs into the bowl.....hmmm doesn't seem right to me. So now that the bike is up an running again i am going to stop in an dsee the lawn mower guy tomorrow and see what he has to say about the carb i am thinking they may need to be capped or bipassed to complete the vacume in the system. So until tomorrow.....

Stuartracing try calling your local yamaha dealer modle should be a CY-50 or CY-80 honghua pz15j

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I posted this elsewhere- The CNS carb may have a fuel enrichment circuit, for the "choke"... most carbs with that set up the lever is DOWN when ON, the opposite of the stock carb.

Just a thought.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
When I tried messin with the choke while running, it just choked out the motor.....Deffinetly didn`t lean it out....Explain a little more Joe, please....
P....

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
I tried fileing off the bottom of the slide to get mine to lean out more....Haven`t tried it yet(just woke up)....Now I have way too much slack in my throttle cable....Beyond adjustment....

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
I have put my finger over the holes with the motor running, no difference in the way the motor ran....I could just about idle any where I wanted to go, but as soon as I gave it gas it would shutter,buck,ect.ect.Moved needle up, down, side to side, NT stock needle, screw in and out, filter no filter.....Plug is soaked....

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
that is the same result i am getting as well so we are having the same issue have you figured out how the choke works it seems that any amount of choke kills the enigne as well.

As far as your throttle being too long i remember a post about adding a spacer such as a wirenut with a hole in it to pass the cable thru and take up some slack.

http://motorbicycling.com/f13/want-more-adjustment-your-throttle-cable-4663.html

there is the post with pics hope it helps

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
that is the same result i am getting as well so we are having the same issue have you figured out how the choke works it seems that any amount of choke kills the enigne as well.

As far as your throttle being too long i remember a post about adding a spacer such as a wirenut with a hole in it to pass the cable thru and take up some slack.

http://motorbicycling.com/f13/want-more-adjustment-your-throttle-cable-4663.html

there is the post with pics hope it helps
Yes we are haveing the same prob.`s....Crazy huh?....What I did last night was filed tha base of my carb. slide....It helped but not completly....It rev`s like crazy with no load on it....And rides around on the needle good too...Must be main jet issues now, goota figure out witch way to go, up or down....
Yes I did the spacer deal on the cable....I slip a washer and put it under the cable to carb. to space it up enough....scratgscratg

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
revs like crazy with no load on it sounds like an air leak there i was having the same on my stock carb today i readjusted and sealed it tight and the revs dropped to normal

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
WELL, I got it figured out.....Just came back from a 3 mile ride.....WITH the slide mod. and NO air filter and without wacking the throttle to wide open, it rides verry good....I just creep up on the throttle and it goes through the jetting circuits just fine....In fact it out motors the gearing now....Got more throttle than gearing....(44 on the back)....3/4 turns out on the air/fuel screw.....Plus the slide fileing I did.....
Paul....

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Also, did a plug chop before I came home, plug is a light GRAY color but dry....What about that color...No air filoter, clip all the way to the top....

Last edited:

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
And I beleive the hose that is coming off the float bowl also could be used as a high speed/topend fuel delivery system....When your riding at higher rpm`s there is fuel trying to go through the line up to that jet nozzle...I beleive if you can get enough velocity going throungh the carb. intake i would pull fuel to give you an extra boost/spray to help or keep from leaning out.....I think they say to not use it is that they don`t beleive enough velocity can be acheived with these motors to take advantage of the syatem....What y`all think?????
Paul.....

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
Yes we are haveing the same prob.`s....Crazy huh?....What I did last night was filed tha base of my carb. slide....It helped but not completly....It rev`s like crazy with no load on it....And rides around on the needle good too...Must be main jet issues now, goota figure out witch way to go, up or down....
Yes I did the spacer deal on the cable....I slip a washer and put it under the cable to carb. to space it up enough....scratgscratg
If it revs up and sounds like it would run good when standing still, but you take it out and it boggs down when you are riding it and putting a load on the engine, I would think the main is too small, especially running a chamber.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I'll let you guys work the bugs out of these things and keep us posted when you find out what kinda gremlin your dealing with! for the money it wouldnt be a bad deal but it sounds like the carb itself is!

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
Like I said , I cdid a plug chop and the plug looks light gray....Thats on the main jet doing the plug chop....If i ride it and just ease on the throttle it takes the gas, and hauls ass for being rich....You can`t wrap the throttle wide open fast....gotta creep up on it...If it`s rich now and haulin as what`s it going to do when I can get it leaned out some more.....Let ya know...
P.....

Last edited: