My engine swap 49cc to 66 cc

GoldenMotor.com

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
So this winters project has been an engine swap . My 2008 49cc HT still ran , but was getting VERY tired . I ride my bike everyday to work and back (except when there is too much snow). So I bought a 66 cc slant head kit and decided to upgrade the old bike. Got it done , took it out and with in 5 feet she started right up and sounds wonderful ! Can't wait to compare the power difference between the two engines , or see if it's worse LOL . I kept the 41 tooth sprocket I was running so it should be a good test .

Attachments

Last edited:

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
It was nice today so I got to test it out . Top speed isn't much different , but it pulls like a mule compared to the old engine. I didn't want to hold it wot for very long yet however until she's broke in . WAY less vibration with this engine. So far so good !

SkasualFailure

Jun 9, 2012
Ohio
Hey, first post and all.
I had a 49cc motor and lets just keep it simple and say it doesn't work anymore.
I am thinking about getting a 66cc motor and my only question is, will I have to buy a whole new setup or can I use my pre-existing setup (chain, throttle, carb, etc. . .)? The kits are both from the same guy (thatsdax.com) and they appear to be the same kit I just want to make sure.

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Bump.

It depends, but you should be able to use the old stuff, as long as the chain is the same size (different sellers have different chains sometime.)

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
The bike says wildfire motors on it . I think they stopped making them . I bought it on craigslist for cheap last year , and it's still going . It's a very heavy bike , but rides nice.