first btr build

GoldenMotor.com

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
Hello,here's a picture of my first attempt to build myself a btr.modifyed frame from a Old ladiesbike,briggs 5hp,cruiser springerfork,downhillrims with surly hubs.Been looking at the forum för a while but just become a member.

Attachments

Last edited:

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
sorry about the blurry photo,had a little **** last 2 hours with the "smart"phone.When i learn how to edit some pictures with the right resolution there will be more.:-||

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Very nice man!!!!!!!! These days every man and his dog are using clones, they are good engines, but its nice to see a Briggs being used again. The motor looks at home in the frame.

If you havent already i suggest you check out Msrfan's builds in the "DIY Section" as hes done numerous builds with Briggs and he has it down pat. Beautiful bikes.

I look forward to seeing more

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Looks like the begining of a great build !, check clearence between chain and tire when fitting engine, don't want to tear those beauties up with chain drag and don't be afraid to bug all of us on this site about question and info

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
Thanks everyone,been looking at mostly this forum and google pictures for ideas for the build.think ord leaning towards a harley Beige/green colourscheme but with Briggs&stratton in the style of the harley tanklogo.keep you posted

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
I Will,i Will. Have to find the Old camera this weekend,since the costly HTC mobile cant scale down the photos to load.

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
hello,found the camera and now we try! with a little work i vill probobly be able to post some erlier photos but not right now (not much to see by the way but the mess in the garage).the primed one with wheelbase 1320mm is THE project but the black one is the first and dearest ( so far!).Frame is a original deliverybike made ca 1950 by the swedish company Monark.The wooden bit between the frametubes is a template for "you know what",that's what made me look at this forum in the first place.

Attachments

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
Hello all! Breakthru!! i manage to get some old build pictures out of the mobile this time. a little frame,mockup of the tank and the hubs up close.the progress on the motor is under the diy forum. the next thing is scawaging the right old bits and pieces for the tank and i really cant do anymore framework till i have got at least the clutch so i can line everything up.the tank has begun and the handmade sadel is coming.

Attachments

Tre_in_L.A.

May 7, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Nice! This will be interesting. I got lucky last week and scored a Briggs FH for low buck.
Thinking about the next project. I am happy with my Modified Clone BTR! I got the clone for 60 and that's why we went with it. Yeah, Briggs are nice, too - especially when you get a good one for good money

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
hi,congrats to you for the briggs.i cant really say they are great motors just yet since this is my first build,ever! since im a familyman times in my manlab. is not what it should be (in my op.) but the build is coming along slowly.picked up a manual fiddy brakecaliper today for the front discbrake along with a sheet of alu for the beginning of the tank,vent yesterday on internethunt for an old swedish military waterbottle??! (its gotta be mod.-39).show you later when i got it.other than that its the modification of the briggs (milling the "killerwheel"),probobly fixing a bent crank! and waiting till saturday when we have a big classic swapmeet and market in my town (mostly old mopeds and bicycleparts!!) tought i pick up a villierscarb for the briggs there.im going to post a thread saturday evening with photos from the swedish swap.goodnight
ps. what stands HF for when it comes to briggs?

Attachments