I need an Idle screw Stock card

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
If anyone has an idle screw and they want to help a guy out "sell it" that is can you let me know I cant find one any place there all sold out every place I look mine vibrated loose I'd fabricate one but I don't have the measurements of the original one

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
9 dollars to ship it why so much to ship a screw ?? you could put a regular stamp on it . I mean I dont mind paying a little extra 4 or 5 bucks but seems like gouging does it or am I just getting old? 3 for the screw and 9 to ship it?

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
If anyone has an idel screw and they want to help a guy out "sell it" thart is can you let me know I cant find one any place there all sold out every place I look mine vibrated loose I tried to fabricate one but I don't have the measurements of the original one if you can mail it my Address is

Rich McCall
3160 Cranberry Highway
East Wareham Ma
02538 I can pay you how ever you want pay pal or mail you a 5 spot , just name it I wasted half the summer trying to find one I should just buy a new carb but this one runs so good...or ran rather
:-||
When you get a new screw, safety wire it to the carburetor itself.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Ingenious!! I say Ingenious

Say, will any 4 mm screw work or does it need to be tapered at the tip with pointy tip so to say ,...not a real point but more like a a blunt point on the tip right? I cant remember if it had the tip or not tip

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Awesome pictures by the way ..why is it even with brand new clutch pads bike doesnt grab right away Ive even adjusted clutch to lowest possible setting and still just slips as I let out the clutch So I cant ever get it started like this driving me nutz I bought a set of metallic round clutches off Mike but they wore out keep in mind I'm 6'5" 275 lbs Is there any other adjustments in the clutch itself I can make other than the lever and the set screw that holds the plate on. P.S. I cleaned the Dejesus out of it before I put the new clutch pads in and it still slips then just before I stop pedaling it bites for a split second blub blub done! Then pedaling more I ripped my heal open on the idler "size 14" foot" I picked the bike up over my head and was just about to throw it away .However my girl asked me not to . "anything for you baby" I said as I calmly set it back down and went in to wash the gas off of myself. My luck it prob. would caused a spark when it hit the ground and roasted my ass LOL :)

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Awesome pictures by the way ..why is it even with brand new clutch pads bike doesnt grab right away Ive even adjusted clutch to lowest possible setting and still just slips as I let out the clutch So I cant ever get it started like this driving me nutz I bought a set of metallic round clutches off Mike but they wore out keep in mind I'm 6'5" 275 lbs Is there any other adjustments in the clutch itself I can make other than the lever and the set screw that holds the plate on. P.S. I cleaned the Dejesus out of it before I put the new clutch pads in and it still slips then just before I stop pedaling it bites for a split second blub blub done! Then pedaling more I ripped my heal open on the idler "size 14" foot" I picked the bike up over my head and was just about to throw it away .However my girl asked me not to . "anything for you baby" I said as I calmly set it back down and went in to wash the gas off of myself. My luck it prob. would caused a spark when it hit the ground and roasted my ass LOL :)
I use a squirt of starting fluid or throttle body cleaner the first start of the day. I drilled a small hole in the filter cover for the nozzle. I wont peddle much to start it. Starts in less then the length of my truck even in grass,

Ingenious!! I say Ingenious

Say, will any 4 mm screw work or does it need to be tapered at the tip with pointy tip so to say ,...not a real point but more like a a blunt point on the tip right? I cant remember if it had the tip or not tip
Yes it should work, but a taper will enable you to make a finer adjustment. Buy a nut. screw it on, taper the bolt, and remove the nut. The nut should clean up the threads. Ummm, I just might have to make some.

Last edited: