homemade rat racer

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I wonder how a guy as young as you are can do such nice work. Someday when someone says, "I bought me a Harly", we'll have to ask if it is a Harley Davidson or a Harlymanson. I like the way your tank turned out and in general the early motorcycle look. Cool!
SB

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, right SB.

Really is looking great Harly. Purty work.

The brass fuel line is a great touch. Really finishes off the old world MB look.

harlyhermansson

Nov 7, 2010
sweden
thanks allot!dance1
since i uploaded those pix i have built the jack shaft to a 13 to 1 gear reduction
i am running belt from engine to jack shaft and chain to the rear wheel
i figured i try a belt pulley clutch instead of a centrifugal clutch both because the centrifugal clutch looks modern and i want a manual real, left hand lever clutch:)
i am also considering doing some pushrods on the fork to get some more of that nostalgic magic;)
pix tonight.dnut

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Yes looking quite nice!

Has there been trial rides..... whats it like if you have?

Measure Twice

harlyhermansson

Nov 7, 2010
sweden
thanks:) i can report that its a bit scary to ride. i think the top speed is about 35/40mph but its the way it gets there that boggles the mind. full throttle engage drive and it spears of in whatever direction the front wheel is pointing! nice times for the nabers or not, it sounds quite allot but it's quite a calm sound. it doesn't shout, its more like a deep raw.

SJN

Feb 9, 2011
Pinon Hills, CA
As a long time fan of the board track racers of the early times before my time I will say this. THAT IS ONE SWEET BIKE! My friend, you have talent well beyond your years.

Cant wait to see it after the paint and polish!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Looks great, Harly. What about a front brake? A moped drum brake hub laced in would give some braking power and look good, too. If you're going to go fast, you need to be able to brake when you need to. Don't get hurt, my friend...
SB

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man, man that really is a great looking MB! Nostalgic and futuristic all at the same time.

Just to add to SB's sage advice. Aside from "big time, brakes are good. Can get us outa trouble almost as fast as we got our selves in'it" But front drum brakes really would look uber cool on Her.

I really love my Worksman front drum. It won't stop ya dead or flip ya.
The Worksman is Kinda like anti-lock braking. (Then again, thinking with the way your sitting, be really hard to flip her head 1st) Dunno, just a thought.

If we ever make a MB calender, She should be "Ms. January"

.flg.

harlyhermansson

Nov 7, 2010
sweden
i do have a front break and its good enugh to lock the front wheel on gravle and since i only drive on gravle its all i need:) if you want to put it into a calender feel free to do so;)pm me if you want a hq pic.

harlyhermansson

Nov 7, 2010
sweden
guess what hapend today in school:) my mentor askt if i culd bring my motor bicycles to shool for showing at the inturduktion for new students;)