Villiers Boardtrack Racer

GoldenMotor.com

Cam Nz

May 14, 2011
Whangarei, New Zealand
Here's some pictures guys,

One more of these timing pulleys to go and the drive-line is halfway there!

Few pictures of the board-track racer at meremere drag-strip that inspired me to build this a few years ago, dug it up from the camera.

Hopefully can get the bike in sometime this week.

What do you guys think?

Cheers, Cam.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Cool cool cool!!!!!!!!!!!! This is gonna be good, looking forward to more.... How do 2 engine setups perform, do you know? Is there double the HP, or just more torque? Im interested to know. Not that it would matter, just the cool factor of 2 engines would be enough.....

Also i absolutely drooled all over my keypad at that BTR.... Indian? Did you see it in person? Ive never seen one and would love to, i would probably spend hours marvelling at its mechanics...

Cam Nz

May 14, 2011
Whangarei, New Zealand
I not only saw it, i saw it running!!!!!!!! i loved it man that's why i started this project

Double the cubic capacity, adds double the weight so probably just a bit more get up and go, torque.

Cheers, Cam.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Nice score. I dont suppose he still has that seized motor as well. or is this that motor rebuilt?

Any pics of the rudge frame? I think ill throw one of mine in a old frame and do a vintage build. A little like the vintage Kroon bike i motorized and still waiting on the alloy tank to be tig'd :-(

Is that like your rudge frame? Thats what im picturing

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
In the ad it says....

"I had intended to restore the mower and fix this motor to it as the OTHER ONE had SEIZED up but it has been a few years and I still haven't had the time to get around to it."

How cool would it be if he replaced a "seized" motor but still had it and threw it in.... 2 for the price of 1 if you could get it going

Cam Nz

May 14, 2011
Whangarei, New Zealand
Oh, i thought he was talking about the actual mower!

Thats cool, ill ask him about the other motor, i also need a carburettor for the second motor on my bike

Cheers, Cam.

Cam Nz

May 14, 2011
Whangarei, New Zealand
A bit of progress, got the second engines crankcase/barrel assembled, has really good compression like the other motor, so its going to run well, pretty dayum sh!t hot for a motor that's sat seized for ten years!

Going to make stand for them tomorrow, so i can run them

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Cam,
I just got caught up on your build... wowzer. I can't wait to see the motors in place and your drive set up. Talk about noise... one motor for each ear.
SB

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Haha one motor for each ear.... well said. One motor sounds nice, i can only imagine two motors will sound twice as nice.

I really like the look of the inner belt. I dont know what they are called but they look similar to "gilmer" belt drives that you see on cars. I have one for my car (not installed yet). They have a very nice "whiny" sound similar to a supercharged engine. I wonder if your belt will make the same noise.

Cam Nz

May 14, 2011
Whangarei, New Zealand
Heres a few photos, managed to get one out of the camera, still need to get new batteries...

The really rusty brown one is the rudge, and theres a couple of healings in there as well, the pic with the tractor in is the guy who i bought the little mk2 off, thats his workshop,i also got rings for my ohv mk15 villiers, a new piston for this project, and a working mk12 villiers for fifty bucks total.

Cheers, Cam.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Nice, i like the rudge. Are you going to put a Villiers in it?

Love the look of the two motors. Love some more pics when you can. Keep up the good work.

Hope you're far enough away from the earthquakes mate.

Cam Nz

May 14, 2011
Whangarei, New Zealand
Yeah ages away from the shakies, yes im putting a mk2 in it, ill post more pics tomorrow night of it, yes im happy with the look as well, i am going to change a few things though.

Cheers, Cam.