No more HF Waterpumps?

GoldenMotor.com

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
Since HF now discontinued the 52cc waterpumps, and people have to pony up for the Auger to get the same/similar engine if they do not want to buy the monsterscooter engine, I found this...............................

It is a little more money than the waterpump, but less than the auger, and same price as the monsterscooter engine but you get a weedwacker attachment.

Not sure for certain if it has a clutch or not or if it will be a direct fit, but the pictures look like it would....

GIO Grass Cutter 41.5cc two-stroke gasoline motor | eBay

Anyone have any success stories or any guinea pigs out there?

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
"...but we can guarantee that they both affordable and of reasonable quality..."

What do they mean 'reasonable quality', that it will last until the 30 day (or whatever) warranty runs out?

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
I use them on my shift kit builds.
They are very well made for the price.
I have also chuckled when I read "but we can guarantee that they both affordable and of reasonable quality..."
They have lasted far longer than 30 days.
I have yet to wear one out. they make two hp at 6500 rpm ,when broken in.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I am sure that they are good engines, I emailed some people who had bought them, and all were happy with them.

The price is right, and if I needed and engine, I would get a few, but I find it easier to come by the Harbor Freight auger engines, plus I get an auger gearbox that can be sold on Craigslist to make back half the price of the engine.

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
This seller has been listing some of them at .99 NR with $59. for shipping. They have been closing at around $20.00....................

So if your patient and not needy, you can probably pick up a brand new weedeater with 40cc engine for around $80.00 shipped to your doorstep.

Make note: Seller is listed in Canada. I would make sure you know what the customs/duties are before bidding....................