IT RUNS FOR ABOUT 15-20 min and THE ENGINE STALLS

GoldenMotor.com

market2

Sep 27, 2010
ottawa
Did anybody figure it out what is the problem if the engine runs for 15-20 min and stalls like the ignation wire were cut. Than,, I pedal about 10 min and roll the engine ( sometimes ignation is on for 1 second and most of times not in that 10 min time) but you have that go and stall response..

Doing that for about 10 minutes and slowly the engine comes back alive and runs again.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM...??????
IS IT FUEL MANAGEMENT ??????
TOO MUCH FUEL IN THE CYCLINDER?
THE MAGNET AND POWER SUPPLIER SHOULD BE FINE AS THE ENGINE RUNS WELL AFTER 10 MINUTES OF PEDALING.

PLEASE HELP ME,,,
I AM GETTING TIRED OF IT...
GOING SOMEWHERE HAPPY AND WELL AND THE ENGINE STALLS ON ME JUJST LIKE THAT..
IT MAKES ME SWEAT LIKE **** TO RESTRART IT AGAIN.

GABOR
OTTAWA, ON
CANADA

Snogcel

Aug 31, 2009
Westminster, CO
Hello!
My first "gut" instinct is to suggest that you try replacing the magneto coil, which is the assembly mounted to the engine which has the wires sticking out that connect to the CDI box. These aren't very expensive, so a spare is never a bad investment even if it proves not to be the problem (this time, anyway.)
I suggest it because ten minutes or so is about the right time for the engine to reach essentially full operating temperature. The carburetor could also have some sort of warm-up demons dancing within, but I've seen a lot more electical gadgets act up when warm.

Good Luck!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I would check for fuel tank venting. The caps on some tanks do not vent properly and will cause the old finger-over-the-straw condition. Loosen your fuel cap and try your bike.
Tom

DICYRUL3S

Sep 21, 2010
Guelph
I am having the same problem. From what i can figure out it has to be 1 of three things
I got new plugs. Ngk b7hs and this is when i had the prob, bout 15-25 mins into the ride the engine just cuts,so i let it cool down, swapped back to my old plug thinking that was the prob, then as i roll with the clutch out it fires randomly and ussually does that until it starts running(very crapy might i add) it smooths out, the next day same thing i leave work and im out for 15-20 mins and at idle it just cut out. I think its a failing CDI box or the points(megnito) btw my old plug is a bp5hs ngk and seemed to run the best. If anyone has had expeirence in fixing or preventing the problem please post

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
To the OP (original poster) of this thread.
Did you find your problem? It would help others when a person has a problem and comes here for help to respond with the results of the suggestions offered. That way, maybe other members could benefit from the exchange of information.
Tom

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
it could be a starvation for fuel my ride rode for about ten minutes then cut out i would pedal then engage the clutch it would fire up but die when givin throtle

i trced the problem as a weak petcock i took the fuel line off and opened the valve and fuel slowly came out i thought it might be jammed so i pressurized the tank and fuel came flowing out even with out pressure went on my marry way and same thing about ten minutes later i tried driving with out a gas cap to make sure i was getting airflow i was i then took the pecock off replaced it with a staight no valve attatchment i made fron three seperate parts at lowes the problem went away so it was a weak flow of fuel

i then ported my fuel valve and the problem has since stopped although at w.o.t. downhill i rob myself of fuel and bogg down if i dont let of throttle i will continue to bog