dual clutches and dual Start question

GoldenMotor.com

VermontCruizer

Jun 17, 2009
Vermont
Does anyone have any experience with the dual clutch (centrifugal and manual) and dual start kits that I see on BoyGofast? Does the system work? Are there any issues with the bike pedals? Thanks.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Yes, i have a dual clutch dualstart kit from gasbike.

Yes my engine works great(over 1,000miles 32mph 180mpg), i pull start the engine with the manual clutch pulled in and then i can ride and stop and go without using my clutch lever.(if pull start breaks its easy to fix it and you can still peddal start the bike)

Yes there are issues with the peddals(at first i wished i bought the regualar kit),This dualstart dual clutch kit engine is 1" wider on each side which requires you to either get wide crank arms for your peddals(may be hard to find if you need a single piece),or mount engine higher and use short crank peddals. I got some short crank arms from a exercise bike(or you could get some from a kids bike) and i mounted the engine a little higher and the peddals clear the engine.

Last edited:

shearbf

May 8, 2009
Muskegon,MI USA
Have three bikes bikes with pullstart so I turst them. I'm looking foreword to a duel clutch cruser to be running by the next warm day here. I thought that, if I was ever going out a a ways and worried about getting stuck with no start, that I would just throw a spare pullstart in the saddlebag.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
I've got 3 with pull start and auto clutch. Pull start cord should be replaced with quality one...I found replacement in lawnmower/small engine section at local Walmart.

I usually pull start first start of day and then pedal start when riding on trails that have pedestrians and other bikes..I pass others with engine off and restart by pedalling and off I go.