What's the fastest 4 stroke you can buy?

GoldenMotor.com

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Did most of my racing in Southern MN on some of the old stock car tracks. Back in the 50s you didn't have custom dirt bikes like now a days. You rode what you had. My best bike was an old English Matchless 750. It didn't have much top end but I could come out of the corners and get the jump on almost anybody on the short tracks. On the long tracks I was geared just too high. But we were young and it got the adrenalin running.
My old bones ache when I think about the abuse I gave them back then.

palmclub

Feb 17, 2010
Los Olivos Ca.
i never raced,, but we rode the desert,, the mountains trails very wicked the funnest or scarest was the widow maker at Balinger cyn in the 60s and 70s we had 360 huskys and yamahas bultacos, Sacks it was all too much fun but my knee dont work like it used too ,, sa la vie

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
This is a little off topic but Quenton was talking about his racing days. Here he is going down at Daytona going over 100 MPH. it's a 10 minute video. Right after 5 minutes he goes down. He's wearing the orange & white suit.

YouTube - On Any Sunday (1971) part 2
Thanks JB!

HOLY CRAP, QUENTON. THAT WAS YOU??? Any personal damage still with you from that one? BTW I really enjoyed OAS. Only watched it for the first time about a year ago. Too bad they didn't interview you.

But my question is this... Can you throw out a price on the EZ Auto Kit yet? Can't seem to find it.

The four stroke offerings here seem to appeal to me the most for my first build. Each of the different 4 stroke kits offered have excellent appeal in their own ways. (Yeah I know I'll have to get a cruiser type bike for this - no problem)

JC .shft.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Hit this link for the EZ site & then hit the dealer locator link in the upper left to find a dealer near you.
EZ MOTORBIKE COMPANY

To subscribe to a thread, at the top of the page right above the first post on that page hit thread tools & hit subscribe to this thread.
Jay

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Hit this link for the EZ site & then hit the dealer locator link in the upper left to find a dealer near you.
EZ MOTORBIKE COMPANY

To subscribe to a thread, at the top of the page right above the first post on that page hit thread tools & hit subscribe to this thread.
Jay
Thanks JB,

But I don't seem to have that option available in my thread tools, only unsubscribe. However when I go to my user CP List Subscriptions it seems to list any I have posted in.

Thanks,

JC

Hi rockhopper,

I wasn't hurt, just a little "road rash"on my bottom side and hands. The real injury was to the owner of my ride, he really wasn't a "happy camper".

Considering you are looking at 4-stroke options, a short trip could net you a test ride on a EZ bike for some first hand knowledge. And you might be able to get a really good price.

Have fun,

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I forgot to mention,,,
I have a standing invitation to anyone who makes it to FH,
you get to ride the stretch !!! ;)
I'd like to come over with Pops and the '49 Whizzer within the next month if possible. But I'll need a bike to ride... :)

But if you're going to be doing 50 I'll bring the Suzuki. 30 is good enough for me on a bike.

I'll talk to Dad tomorrow and send you a pm.

JC

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
What's te fastest 4 stroke you can buy?

Would it be 5 hp lawn mower motor? Or a kit?

Can you fit a jack shaft kit to these?

Stu
If you put 5hp to a CVT it'd go 60mph all day long, likely even faster. But I don't think you'd get away w/ that many places w/o registering it. Be sure to check out the V2 Doin a burnout on the "YouTubes", just follow the link below.

Cheers, Evan.

.wee.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
If you put 5hp to a CVT it'd go 60mph all day long, likely even faster. But I don't think you'd get away w/ that many places w/o registering it. Be sure to check out the V2 Doin a burnout on the "YouTubes", just follow the link below.

Cheers, Evan.

.wee.
So Tyreslider, you said on your thread that you had to pedal to get going. Now you are doing burnouts??? what happened? Is this video a true from the dead stop dry asphalt burnout?? Or a doctored video??

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Jay,

These (arche)prototypes are spoken of many times from inception to end (whatever end that may be). This isn't the same transmitter you speak of. Starting from a stop on the WhisperDrive proved easy when the throttle linkage was adjusted to provide finer throttle/clutch control.

YouTube - An evening in front of the FireBelly!

YouTube - FireBelly WhisperDrive in true technicolor extra reality TV

This example is a 2 spd auto system that, as can be seen on the video, produces good low end grunt.

You don't need to take my word for it. Analyze the video: I'm applying the front brake to keep it stopped, I'm putting weight down on the front wheel but not taking weight off the rear as evidenced by the fact that it is still learching forward as it gets traction occasionally. I did it in the light patch so that it could be seen to be dry but I'm no videographer. Also note the li'l puffs of smoke!

On my ride today I discovered that the front gets light on acceleration. Ratio adjustments this week should produce wheelie videos!

Cheers, Evan

Last edited:

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Good info. Okay it looked good. This is the first time you've answered me cordially. Whenever I posted on your thread, my posts have been mysteriously deleted your the wife chews me out. Your stuff looks good. Hopefully we can be cordial to each other from now on.

Last edited:

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I forgot to mention,,,
I have a standing invitation to anyone who makes it to FH,
you get to ride the stretch !!! ;)
Hi Bill,

I'll have to get back to you. My Dad injured himself at the gym. He's 72 with bad knees. Both have been rebuilt but a restriction in movement is still there.

That's the reason we're interested in the Jack Shaft or an auto. He just can't get it going with the pedals. We tried today but no luck...

JC

Hi rockhopper,

The EZM kit is automatic, and does not require peddling to the start motor [use a simple recoil rope starter system]. It is completly automatic [American made MaxTorque clutch]
and only requires a turn of the throttle.

Have fun,

Buddy

Jul 7, 2009
Ogden, Utah
Staton's chain drive is the same. They use an excellent custom made hub that drives the wheel the way it should, just like a bike normally drives the wheel. It's also the only true freewheel set up without having to disengage anything, just let off the throttle and coast like it should be. I can even shut off the engine on long hills then reach back and easily pull the cord and start the engine at the bottom of the hill. It's an excellent assembly, everything is top-of-the-line quality. They also have a lifetime warranty on the gearbox.

It only took about 3 hours to install and that was taking my time and getting everything perfect. A very easy kit to install.

Last edited: