To make matters worse was I decided to install Maxxis Hook
Worm tires in my livingroom. I was wearing my eye glasses when
this happened and airing up to 60psi with a air hand pump. Boom
right up in my face and I blindley felt my way to the bathroom
to clean up. When I went to check on my livingroom it looked
like someone got blasted with a shootgun, only slime green splattered
everywhere with a small pool on the floor. I tried to clean it up with
a wet rag but smeared it in to the fancy curtians. When it dried it was
more easier to clean up. All for the love of a happy time.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I made it halfway out of Walmart with a bottle of that goo and stopped dead in my tracks. I'd had a blowout just that week and suddenly I had a vision of slime all o'er the place as I tried to change a tube...

As people stood and wondered what ailed me I stared at the bottle'o green glop for a mo and decided I'd take my chances with thorns, I went and put it back.

Now I'm sooo glad I did - thanks Charged-Reacter :D

Last edited:

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
I changed 4 tires that day. 2- SERFAS AT 60 psi and 2
Maxxis Hookworm at 60 psi. The blow out did not happen
till the 4th tire. I am s guinea pig. You made a wise choice
BarelyAWAKE. If this would have happen out in my machine
shed, I would have had a hard time making it to the house.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
Hey charged, yeah your just east of me, next year Iam planning on a 2nd annual MB rally. hope that maybe you could make it! I had 3 guest from chicago come down and one from St. louis for the rally.

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
I hate to disappoint you filestyle1 but I am not a
girl. laff ... thats the avatar that I am going to draw
and paint on my 2-stroke clutch cover. Looking
forward to your 2'nd annual mb rally. That picture
I made up while I visioned what my 2-stroke china
girl would look like...lol.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
You drew that? Nice!

I can't draw to save my life lol - I like that a lot man, I fear to envision what my chainagirl would look like...

|.o

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
I looked through images on the computer web sites and down
loaded them and printed them out. After cutting the different
images out and placing the girl on top of bottom spiral image,
that is what I came up with, something that would be easy to
draw or make sticker images of. Thanks. There is some improvements
still to be made.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Sweet! Ya prolly know this - but I use a printout of the original and some of that blue transfer paper behind it to trace onto the surface I want to paint.

Then it's a simple matter of color-by-numbers... cept there's no numbers ofc lol

Tho no artist by any definition, I've done quite a bit of signage and whatnot as a consequence of woodworking restorations - thought I'd pass on this easy trick on the off chance ya didn't know it already ;)

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
Hey Charged, I didnt think of you as a girl, I dont know what made you think that I thought that! I just thought of you as another IL MB'er.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Hate to bring up an old post but this solved a mystery for me.
I wanted a small board and got a piece of plywood from the tool room.

There was this weird green goo on the piece of plywood, I had no idea what it was and where did it come from?

Reading this post I realise now that I had a piece of innertube hanging on a nail and the goo dripped out onto the board!

motorbicyling.com solves a mystery for me, and aliens did not get sick in the tool room after all.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hate to bring up an old post but this solved a mystery for me.
I wanted a small board and got a piece of plywood from the tool room.

There was this weird green goo on the piece of plywood, I had no idea what it was and where did it come from?

Reading this post I realise now that I had a piece of innertube hanging on a nail and the goo dripped out onto the board!

motorbicycling.com solves a mystery for me, and aliens did not get sick in the tool room after all.
Now that's funny because I had exactly the same thing happen except the stuff dripped on the floor. I was searching for the source, moving things around thinking a paint can or something had leaked but couldn't find where that gooey green stuff came from. Took me a while to look up and see a couple of old inner tubes hanging overhead from the garage door track. My first thought was, "Who ya gonna call?"

Tom

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
I used to have one of these in my bmx bike, and in the middle of january I got my bike out of the unheated garage to go to a competition down in the citties.

Well when I got there, the slime had collected in the bottom of the tube and froze into a hard brick. That was a fun discovery on the ramp into the foam pit!

Ccd

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I've been riding bicycles for transportation since the 80's, and been using Slime since the early 90's.

Never had a Slime'd tube blow up like that, but I've lived in North Dakota and definitely seen Slime freeze and roll like a pendulum lol :D

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
That sounds like the "Washboard Effect". Here in the midwest, there are plenty of gas stations where the air hoses and compressors gather internal condensation during the cold months (as the compressor is indoors where it's more humid). So, if your car has a slow rim leak and you put air in it often (while you save back for a tire place) you end up with water in your tire, which freezes at night.

You drive out to head for work the next day, and the water inside the tires is frozen in one spot. It takes a bit of time for the tire to warm up while driving. Until then, it feels like you're driving on an old-school washboard. *woombah-woombah-woombah*