2016 Trident technical car show

GoldenMotor.com

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA
I entered the Enfield tribute bike in a local car show yesterday. The proceeds went to a scholarship fund, so I was really more interested in donating and showing off the bike than I was about winning anything.

I didn't win anything. There were about 10 bikes there (motorcycles, that is) and of the 3 awards they gave out, I didn't get one. While I wasn't upset about not winning, I feel as if the crowd could have made better choices. It's insulting to see the guys that had some really cool bikes (who all had great stories and tons of history with their bikes) get beat by a 2015 Harley with a gawdy paint job and lots of leather fringe. A $35k bike with a $5k paint job beat out another man's hard work and attention to detail. That's what was insulting.

I didn't snap any pictures, but there was also a 1948 whizzer there. It was in pretty bad shape, and the guy didn't even have it running yet. Neat bike, and it won 2nd place.

My wife showed up later on and took a picture of mine right before my daughter and I rode off.

Car (or bike) shows aren't about who wins, or who spent the most money (though sometimes it feels that way). It's about getting out and talking to every one of the people there. You can tell real quick if they're really a motorhead or if they're the proverbial "corvette owner", or worse, a " porsche owner"! You know, they're the ones sitting in their own circles, refusing to talk to others. The real car guys are out there taking pictures of minor details and striking up conversation.

.flg.