vertical 212 hf?

GoldenMotor.com

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Do you have materials? Would an intake from a china girl work? I've got one here if you need it...got some stuff here might do the trick as well...let me know and ill dig around
thanks wicked.....not sure what ill be needing yet actually......I just reassembled most of what I have of the bike.....looking pretty cool now.laff

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I located an intake wicked...and an exhaust flange.......should be easy sailing now.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
everything should be here this week for finishing this...last thing in will be a new sheave and wheel....the sheave I had bought is made a tad too small to use.
located all the orig handlebar stuff.....twist throttle, brake levers, tach and speedo...its gonna look stock.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
starting this today....wont be going anywhere in the snow but checking things out on it

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
having carb probs...thing starts right up...wont idle...i may try my whizzer carb

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
all sorted out and tested today...engine and TAV work great....not sure how fast it is but I was freezing and didnt have the nads to hold it wide open long.......its powerful....we had it to around 40 though....no problems at all taking off or cruising......I'll get a video up soon

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
glad to see ya got your carb issues cleared up, nice video, i can tell your enjoying that bike great job man!!!

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
well..I got it woking because I robbed my 22mm off my NE5........still gotta get anothe carb......bikes working good now.....and i went smalle on the pulley off the TAV....down to 2.3" and may go smaller.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
update on this.....settled on a smaller drive pulley off the TAV and using a 26mm carb....bike now peaks at 50mph.....alot better to me then when it was hitting 60 easy. I suppose you could get the TAV with the bigger driven pulley and make it even more punchy down low and slow it down more. its still really strong accelerating and hills dont bother it at all.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Its a 26mm carb off a whizzer ambassador... Before they switched back to smaller ones on the 2008,s. The gov is removed . the ambassador pipe on it with the bigger silencer does sound good. Bikes out on loan this week, I'm going to sell it soon if I see people looking that really are buying.
We had the bike out this week and three people came in the donut shop lot just to see it etc. Its a crowd draw for sure.....is here anyway.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
So you removed the governor (just the linkage or the gear inside?), opened up the exhaust, changed the carburetor and air intake. Any other engine changes? Did you watch the engine revs, keeping them down somewhat or did the torque converter do that on it's own?

It really is a wonderful bike. No surprise that people are interested in it. Sure you want to sell t? I think that one would be hard to let go...
SB

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Gears gone too...it doesn't overrev ever.. I don't get married to things,I'll sell it probably.