clutch push rod sticks out

GoldenMotor.com

ronaldoelpaso

Jun 21, 2008
i tore down my clutch to get at the bearings, and read every word of the tear down thread by norman, but putting it all together, the clutch lever/plate wont sit flat on the motor housing because the rod and ball that the clutch lever push on is sticking too far out now. i screwed the plate on, but doing that presses everything in, so there will alwats be pressure from the rod and ball onto the clutch lever. i assume this isn't good, as constant wear on the clutch lever will wear it away. also, i "think" i can re set the clutch to work properly this way, but it was fine before i took it all apart.

just so you know how far out it is, when i set the clutch lever plate against the motor housing, it sits 3/16 of an inch off of the housing, with the lever in the relaxed position (flat part touching rod and ball)

ronaldoelpaso

Jun 21, 2008
yes, the clutch arm is flat surface against push rod and ball. in most relaxed position, the lever is still touching the push rod when the lever casing is 3/16" from the housing when i try to screw the lever plate onto the housing. in otherwords, the part that you push with the clutch lever is sticking out 3/16" more than it did and should, before the reassemble.

rudyauction509

May 8, 2012
Spokane, WA
For anyone who has this problem the solution is to push the pin in, put the clutch plate and flower nut on and then the pin will stay where it is. I had the same problem and just forced the cover on. After adjusting the clutch I found that the clutch arm had loosened up. This is because the flower nut and plate pull on the rod the clutch arm and pin push. Remove the flower nut and the pin backs out a bit and pushes on the cover.