Engine Starts, but No Acceleration Power

GoldenMotor.com

Vinoy Thomas

Sep 12, 2012
Brampton,Ontario
Hi everyone,

I have been searching around for solution for my problem, and i haven't found anything that has solved my problem, so guy please help me on this.

My GRUBEE GT5 engine will start fine, but will not move at all without pedaling when I move the throttle. When I twist the throttle, the sound will change but the engine will not pull me forward.

So the sound changes when twisting the throttle but no power.
Anyone have a clue what I may have done something wrong?

Thanks, Vinoy

zpt :-|| .bf.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Check to make sure that your throttle is opening. Remove the air cleaner and look down the throat of the carburetor and twist the throttle. You should see movement of a throttle slide or barrel. About 3/8" is normal up and down. Up is full throttle, down is the idle position.
It would help if we knew exactly which carb you have but the above check is fairly common to most of them.
Let us know what you observe.

Tom

Vinoy Thomas

Sep 12, 2012
Brampton,Ontario
Hey Guys,

Thanks for your responses, I have the NT carb, I looked through the opening where it connects to the intake of the engine and the thing inside is moving as you said.

I don't think the clutch is slipping, I just tightened it yesterday and the engine starts in maybe less than 10 feet.

Thanks, Vinoy

:-||

Alex96

Jul 12, 2012
Hamilton, NJ
Are you using the choke properly? Pull the little clip UP when starting and once she's on, push her DOWN. I spent a few days figuring this out. Is the engine making a "murmurmurmurmurmur" sound? Mine does if not choked right. Once it really warms up a few seconds later it will make a normal "vroomvroom" sound.

Good Luck!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
check torque on the head bolts - sometimes low compression will let it start if you pedal fast enough, but won't let it rev up

a clogged muffler will bog it down too