where to find a replacemetn clutch pin

GoldenMotor.com

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
i took my motor off today and set down the clutch pin to drill out the old rear mount bolts that snapped off.

and now i cant find it is there anywhere i can get a new clutch pin possibly from a parts store maybe?

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
also could i just make a bucking bar outta some harden steel rod or no. would rather not pay 12 bucks in shipping for a 1.95 part, i already have my clutch set so i could just cut a piece the right length and grind it down till it matches the way the old on used to sit. im ordering some new parts in a week and will probably throw a new bucking bar in the order then, but i kinda need a quick fix for now since its my main mode of transportation

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
i read somewhere a drill bit shank was used,ground off the flutes and shaped the end to match the old one.
if i recall there's a ball bearing in there too.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
i read somewhere a drill bit shank was used,ground off the flutes and shaped the end to match the old one.
if i recall there's a ball bearing in there too.
That is correct.
Make your own bucking bar...Take a 5/16 drill bit and use the shank 22mm. Cut on a grinder (hacksaw won't work). That will be the last one you will need, unless you loose it again.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Also, the pin length is critical. A few thousands too long or short will drastically effect clutch action.

Hint: After determining the right length, smooth the ends of the pin taking off any roughness. I polish mine on a bench buffer. Lubricate the moving parts well before assembly. And like others have said, make sure the ball bearing is in the hole in front of (before) the pin.
Good luck.
Tom

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
thats for the tips. i ended up just getting a drill bit and making my own and it work alot better than the one i had before. i think my other on was a touch to long