Loud mouthed' cell phone users

GoldenMotor.com

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Have you ever felt like strangling one of those 'loud mouthed' cell phone users who seem to sit near you in a restaurant or any other place and forcibly share their private call with you? Here's one solution, provided by a commuter on how to combat this display of bad manners.
After a very busy day at work, a frazzled commuter settled down in her seat and, with a contented sigh, closed her eyes as the train departed Union Station for Clarkson.
As the train rolled out of the station, a guy sat down next to her, pulled out his cell phone and started talking in a loud voice: "Hi sweetheart it's Dave, I'm on the train - yes, I know it's the 6:30 and not the 4:30 but I had a long meeting - no, honey, not with that woman from the accounts office, with the boss. No sweetheart, you're the only one in my life - yes, I'm sure, cross my heart" etc., etc.
Fifteen minutes later, at Exhibition station, he was still talking loudly. The young woman sitting next to him, outraged by this continuous diatribe, yelled at the top of her voice: "Hey, Dave, turn that stupid phone off and come back to bed!"
My guess would be that Dave doesn't use his cell phone in public any longer….

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
When I am being bothered by one of those yelling, self absorbed idiots I find it hard not to say something. My favorite is, "You should get a new phone if you have to yell into yours to be heard. Apparently it's broke."

I've also complained to resturant servers and asked that they 'suggest' to the yelling phone user to tone it down.

Cell phone discourtesy has become a national, maybe even an international epidemic that has probably gone on too long for anything to be done about it. That won't stop me from voicing my opinion when I'm being disturbed by someone with no consideration for those around them.
Tom

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Was in Lowe's a while back. Woman in front of me checking out, yea you know it...on the phone. She waited for everything to be run up, then started looking for her money (that's a pet peeve of mine...she knows she will have to pay...get your payment type out and be ready, more prevalent in females). There she was phone in right hand, fumbling in her purse with the left hand. Two teenage kids with her... In a voice that could be heard 2 cashiers down, "how rude is it to be on the phone while trying to conduct business" embarrassed the kids. don't think it even fazed the mother. My phone, when I carry it, stays in the truck while I'm in the store, or whenever I conduct business. There is no one more important that I want to talk to other then the one in front of me.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yeah, that is bad cell phone abuse but it doesn't compare to the idiots around here that think they can TEXT while driving. What is so damn important that you live with a cell phone super glued to your hands and can't stop texting no matter what?

These people are the most dangerous people on the road bar none. They show no regard to the law and continue to text while driving even though it IS ILLEGAL. To me they are far worse than drunk drivers cuz you see less drunk drivers in a year, than you see texting in a day around here and they can't even drive in the first place......let alone text and drive.

Urks me to no end, good thing I'm not a cop because I'd bust several hundred people a day doing this......it has to stop!

Sorry but this is an issue that needs to seriously be addressed.

TEXTING while driving a motored vehicle IS ILLEGAL!

(yes, even at stop lights.....idiots!)

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
scotto-

I have had 3 rear end accidents, all 3 were on the phone, 2 of them.. I was stopped at a red light (1 totaled my MB300D), another did $2,000+ damaged to my MX5) and one while stopping at another light, had to replace my truck bumper, close to a grand. Think I don't want to shove their phone up their AZZ.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
scotto-

I have had 3 rear end accidents, all 3 were on the phone, 2 of them.. I was stopped at a red light (1 totaled my MB300D), another did $2,000+ damaged to my MX5) and one while stopping at another light, had to replace my truck bumper, close to a grand. Think I don't want to shove their phone up their AZZ.
Ron,

I'm right there with you on that one, can't tell you how many times texters have nearly killed me on my daily bike rides.....let alone in my car.

My 79yr. old dad just got rear-ended by a girl texting a couple weeks ago......she rammed into the back of his 1985 VW Vanagon which pushed him into the rear end of the car that was making a left that had stopped to do so. $2,000 dollars damage to the Vanagon and she was also responsible for the car she rammed him into. IDIOTS!

Last edited:

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
when i encounter a loud person on a cell phone i politely say," phones where invented to replace yelling to get heard.".
if they don't get it i "join" their conversation.
i do the same to crying children. i cry back @ them. they usually stop.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
i use my phone respectfully,Never textdrive.i cant,i need glasses to read and cant see to drive with them on-catch22 i guess.
saw a guy on a streetbike texting.
he was parked.
busted someone in the city,cops didnt see texter in front of them for 3 blocks,pointed it out to cops,Busted!
that was fun.
loudmouth schnooks on cellphones should be smacked upside the head.
try" Hey! Keep it to yourself!" worked a couple times for me.