A80 66cc 2 stroke and carb qu's

GoldenMotor.com

Pcain

Apr 30, 2012
Melb Australia
Hey guys,

I've been cruising around the forum for a few days now, and yes... I have utilized the search feature.

I'm not sure what the engine models and names are in America but basically I've somewhat decided to purchase an A80 kit off Australian eBay.

Item no. 261011358905

My questions are as follows:

Is the A80 any different to the F80?

What HP carburetor should I purchase to help lug around my heavy arse?

I will most likely be purchasing two kits and two carbs and picking up a couple of BMXs on gumtree. I have seen some kits mounted behind the seat of the BMX.

I have owned and still own numerous Gopeds, Quads and Pocketbikes, and I've made a few spindle driven push bikes using grass cutter engines in the past. I'm hoping a chain driven kit like this will be easy and more reliable. I intend to strip down the motors prior to use and clean them up. Has anyone attempted porting?

Would much appreciate some help/answers/suggestions.

Cheers

Chris

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Why not try the stock carb and see how you like it before you make any changes?

See my signature...and welcome to the forum!

;)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
P.S. A tuned pipe is your best bet for adding power. And yes, there are several members here who have done porting.

Pcain

Apr 30, 2012
Melb Australia
Why not try the stock carb and see how you like it before you make any changes?

See my signature...and welcome to the forum!

;)
Thanks Joe. I only assumed I'd go for the carby as my experience with gopeds has led me to feel that a HP carb is always a must. More tuning options, more air fuel etc. Expansion champer was next on my list.

Anyone is Australia found and reputable dealers with good performance parts?

I might hunt down some porting examples and see what people have done. I will most likely open the ports, tidy them I suppose.

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Do you recommend a particular carb? I have looked up a few brands online that have been mentioned here but the bore sizes vary so much. I don't know what bore is stock on one of these kits?
Iam new to this, so I have only use one carb. But there is a carb I DO NOT recommend. And that is a CNS Carb.