Brand New Skyhawk GT-5 build

GoldenMotor.com

Willyam911

Mar 8, 2009
Houston, Tx
Today I got my brand new GT-5 kit in the mail. I think I am gonna build a sweet btr out of it and I just wanted to give yall a look at the pretty new thing. I cracked it open to see what was inside and it did have a little bit of trash in it as you can see in pic3. Its a grey motor with a black tank. Took about three weeks to get it from gasbike.net. This will be my second build.

If anyone has any tips for me that would be great. I am still learning as I go.

Attachments

steptoe1111

Dec 2, 2011
uranus
hey man that kit looks great unfortunatly i cant give you many tips because ive only done my first build and im still breaking it in but i only bought a standard kit just a cheep one off ebay but runs alright im thinking of upgradeing the head and carbi,, i like the photo of your carbi looks a **** of a lot better than the carb i got mine leens out at above 4500rpm but from the pic you have of your kit it looks like the same exaust pipe as standard i think if you realy wanna get things moveing on these things you need an expanshion chaimber on your exaust just like a 2 stroke dirt bike and try to get one that is tuned to your motor so you have a decent tuned (ZORST) and that will/should help the engine achieve a very nice power band but i am unawear of where or if any one makes them for these kits i have only seen homemade expanshion chaimbers but apart from that i recon these thing need another gear the motors definatly have the power at high rpm
have a look at my post here maybe you can give me some advice on my kit seing as you have done one allready here http://motorbicycling.com/f4/hi-all-got-my-1st-f80-35622.html

Last edited:

Willyam911

Mar 8, 2009
Houston, Tx
Looking over the kit a little more closely I noticed that the spark plug that came in the motor has one of the arms touching the electrode so im pretty sure thats not going to work. Luckily the kit came with an extra spark plug that looks better. Also the intake manifold looks like it is pretty badly bent out of round on the end the carb fits onto. I dunno if I am going to be able to fix it. I was thinking about using the vice to try and squish it back into round, but that might just ruin it. anyone had any luck doing this? I will probably end up getting one of the nice aftermarket machined billet intake manifolds.